Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Envoy SLT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
Just like the title says, it comes on and off? Makes no sense! I have a 2002 Envoy 4x4 SLT with 178,xxx miles & the 4.2 l6 of course. Any pointers are greatly appreciated. I replaced the VC gasket, intake gasket, plugs, battery, alternator, fan clutch.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
258 Posts
Are all of your gauges with pointers operating normally? I ask because stepper motors are used to control the position of the pointers.

·
Registered
2002 Envoy SLT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey!
Yes all are functioning properly, they're faded (18 years old! lol) but work fine!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well, not sure since all of your gauges are working. I was thinking perhaps a stepper motor became bound and started to whine.

·
Registered
2002 Envoy SLT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate your help, I'll try and record the noise and post it here, it might help better?

·
Registered
2002 Envoy SLT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
258 Posts
I hear it, but I do not have a clue. Almost like someone is shaking a can partially filled with sand.

Is this noise occurring when the vehicle is stationary? In Park? Only while moving at 3.78 MPH?

Strange.

·
Registered
2002 Envoy SLT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It happens all the time, and sometimes I don't hear it at all! :(

·
Registered
2002 Envoy SLT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for trying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Chevy Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L)
144 Posts
Question Are you sure that this noise comes precisely from the dashboard?
I would suggest that maybe this noise is made by the climate control sensor located on the left rack on the driver's side.
But it makes a different sound.

·
Registered
2002 Envoy SLT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Question Are you sure that this noise comes precisely from the dashboard?
I would suggest that maybe this noise is made by the climate control sensor located on the left rack on the driver's side.
But it makes a different sound.
Would the sensor make this noise if the A/C was off? Is this sensor the one that reads off the outside temp for the A/C? (aka ambient temp sensor)

·
Registered
Chevy Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L)
144 Posts
I'm talking about the sensor that is shown in the photo. Yes, it can make noise (for a short time) when the air conditioner is turned off.
I'm not sure if this is your case, but check it out anyway.
GM 15188388.jpg

Air Temp.jpg

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
21 Posts
I could also be one of the A/C air door actuators. Sometimes the gears get stripped and the system will continuously attempt to calibrate it. It's also not uncommon for the actuators to continue to "seek" if the battery has disconnected, replaced, or is weak. You can search for the process to force re calibration in this forum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts