Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting front end noise when I'm going around 30-40mph the noise sounds like when you drive on wet pavement except for your on dry pavement.. It doesnt seem like its the engine because it does it while decelerating.
As for what it isn't, its not the fan clutch, Belt tensioner or water pump All have been replaced. It's not brake noise those have been done also.
It seems to possibly be more of a driveline problem I looked over all the CV boots and there's no grease being thrown off and the boots look good.
Would a worn wheel bearing possible cause this? Trailblazer only has 52k.
Anyone have any idea's

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat .Does the noise change or go away when you turn? That is usually a sign a bearing is on its way out.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Springbuck Profiles been filled out.

I'm also starting to suspect the right side wheel bearing.

When I first started hearing the noise the first thing I suspected was tire wear but I rotated the tires. There was no unusual tire wear. The noise does seem to go away when I turn but its tough to tell since its at low speed.

I got under it again last night and checked over the half-shaft's for wear or play and everything was tight. I looked for cuts in the boot's and grease again but everything was clean. Whats funny about it is I'll drive it on the expressway for a few miles at high speed 55-65mph and when I get off the noise is gone.

The question I have is "If the wheelbearing is going bad shouldn't I have some play on the side thats going bad? Because I don't have any play at all everything is really tight.

The other thing I thought of is possibly the strut is going bad but again I don't see any tire wear. I thinking of checking and changing out both wheel bearing this weekend. I should be able to get a better look at the half shafts when I take everything apart.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
314 Posts
No play in the wheel

Yes there can be little or no play in the HUB BEARING. If you safely lift both sides of the front end and compare the feel or and use a stethoscope rotate each of the front wheels.Just did this recently and CV shaft replacement.
Springbuck

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
i have a similar issue.

I have 115000 on my 04 trailblazer. Had a noise in the front end like a wheel bearing. Turned right sound went away. Replaced both wheel bearing and noticed my cv halfshaft was pissing grease out of the inner boot. Replaced that the next week. Sound is still there. Replaced tierods. Still there. So im thinking. ....Transfer case? Please help me! O and im new here and have no clue how 2 make a new post thread.:thx

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
O and im new here and have no clue how 2 make a new post thread.:thx
Go up a level from being IN a thread and you'll see a "new thread" button. It's at the "list all threads in a sub-forum" level. Also, it's our tradition to NOT post about the identical issue in more than one thread, to keep the troubleshooting process efficient. Find my answer to you in that other thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.