Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've check a few threads and couldnt find anything. Anyway it seems as though while I am driving there is a fine whining noise that appears to come from the right rear. While in park or nuetral there is no whine. As I continue to drive it continues to whine. I also noticed as I was doing the sea foam thing that there is another apparent whine coming from under the hood. Could this be the belt? Also I replaced the rear differential thinking that that was why I had the noise while driving but it's still there. I was thinking maybe an oxygen sensor? Rear bearings? I dont know I'm really stuck with this. :undecided ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you serious? Did you get a junkyard one? It should have come with new axle tubes, bearings, shafts, and seals.

And how can an oxygen sensor cause any noise? Really?
sorry buddy i meant differntial fluid. I went with royal purple. 2 1/4 quarts and no change. I was thinking oxygen sensor because it's like a weezing noise like a very lite grinding sound. I looked through so many threads and cant figure it out.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Do you still have the original belt? If so it's probably due for a new one. There are two sizes. Your EXT needs the shorter one. Take the belt off, start the engine an see if the whine is still there. Try to do this when the engine is cool and don't let it run any longer than you have to. If the sound is gone, at least you have a starting point.:m2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts