Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Trailblazer Lts ,both with 4.2 I6 now, I am looking to replace the 03 with one short wheelbase and a 5.3 V8, to help with towing.
So,question is which models or versions of Trailblazer,Envoy,Saab or Rainier comes with a 5.3 ? The xl or XUV are too long.:D

Thanks,

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Envoy only put the 5.3L with DOD (displacement on demand) into the 2005-2008 Denali edition SWB. 2003-4 it was only offered in the XL.

I think the TB had them available in the SWB from 2003-2009, the later years being DoD.

Buick and Saab had them available during all production years, but they only offered AWD, not selectable 4WD, so you can't get a LO range transfer case. This may or may not influence your decision.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
Envoy only put the 5.3L with DOD (displacement on demand) into the 2005-2008 Denali edition SWB. 2003-4 it was only offered in the XL.

I think the TB had them available in the SWB from 2003-2009, the later years being DoD.

Buick and Saab had them available during all production years, but they only offered AWD, not selectable 4WD, so you can't get a LO range transfer case. This may or may not influence your decision.
:eek: a time i get to correct Roadie (please don't ban me:raspberry) The 2004 Buick Rainier was the first SWB GMT-360 to come with the V-8 in 2005 the rest of the line-up got the V-8; pre-2005 it was only available in the LWB:yes: (other then the Rainier)

and if you are looking for towing also consider the rear diff; there were 3 different gear raitos available and the G80 locking rear diff is a great thing to have too

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
No problem! I welcome the correction. I had to cheat and consult Wikipedia, so my memory of that detail is flawed anyway.

The V8 entered into my research a while ago when I needed to find an 8.6" rear axle for the upgrade. Was easier to just look for EXT vehicles than find a SWB with the V8 and 8.6".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts