Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need your opinion guys. :D

i used to have 2 15" subs at the back of my TB but I am a Dad now so i have to find some space for the baby stuff (stroller,bags,etc)

right now, im planning to put 2 12"s in place of the 15"s. my budget is around $200 for the 2 subs. i have these 2 in mind. they are within my budget and i think they are good enough when it comes to quality.

or maybe you guys have better recommendations aside frome these 2? let me know. thanks

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
is that the RE SR?

yeah, they are a great company. If i didnt have my current subs i would have the RE SE or one SX.

edit:
the only other sub i can recommend for that price is the alpine type arh.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
$200/ speaker or 200for both?

also remember too its not all about the speaker...the enclosure plays a HUGE part as well :m2:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
on the opposite end you could have an IB setup, with a sub and no box :coffee

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
:rotfl::duh:

lets wait for him to wakeup and give us some more feedback before we get outta hand here :bonk:

·
Banned
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
888 Posts
MMM Infinite Baffle :drool

When i first got my Ascendant atlas i hooked it up just to see how it sounded, no box. This thing was crazy without the enclosure. It was louder than my single 12". I tried this with my infinity perfect and it didnt make hardly any sound.

RE all the way.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
MMM Infinite Baffle :drool

When i first got my Ascendant atlas i hooked it up just to see how it sounded, no box. This thing was crazy without the enclosure. It was louder than my single 12". I tried this with my infinity perfect and it didnt make hardly any sound.

RE all the way.
i loved my kappa perfects, and now im finding myself getting into HT that they rock there too. some guys on audioaholics.com use two of them, and they say they f'in rock. stupid loud and super clean quality, fyi. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
888 Posts
I had 2 of them on my budget system back in high school. Had them hooked up to a Profile ca600, and these things would wang like crazy. They did get loud and sounded really swet doing it. However my dumbass decided to see how much louder it would be with the amp bridged on one, i didnt know what i was doing i was young and stupid and i turned the coil into a slinky.

I liked the perfects, but i would not even put them in the same field as some of the other subs i have had, maybe i need to get a set and try again since i have learned alot more since then.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey guys im back. got busy with the baby (changing diapers) :x

im leaning towards the RE subs right now. i heard a lot of good reviews on them. the RE's im talking about are SR12-D2.

btw, i thought alpine subs are more than $200? maybe i should consider them too.:undecided

and ascendants? is that the brand or the sub model? :undecided

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
wait. are you wanting to buy one or two subs? is your budget 200 each or for both? what amp are you using?

type R's are about $120 on ebay or amazon.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
241 Posts
I personally have a pair of RE SE 12s. I couldn't be more satisfied with them. Granted mine are a couple years old and from what I understand RE has changed ownership and the quality may be different. I can't really speak for the newest stuff they have.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts