Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few choices out there for exhaust mods. But which one will be my best choice?

First, I don't want to spend $800 or more so the duals are out, plus I don't want to deal with changing the rear valance and having to have it sprayed and all, just keeps pushing the price up.

So that leaves me with the choice for a single. Corsa, Borla, Magnaflow, SLP...... Which of these will give me a true increase in power and that deep rumble without making it so I can not hear when driving down the highway. My father put a RAVEN exhaust on his F-150 and had to have it removed because it was too loud.......I want deep rumble with hard acceleration, and an actual increase in HP because the system lets the engine breath better, wihtout a constant noise level that makes it annoying and unbearable (I do listen to music in the car). And ofcourse, all without breaking the bank.

Any suggestions????????

:coffee

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Magnaflow all the way. Not too loud and is all stainless. it keeps the volume low cause it has a resonator.. But has a nice tone to it when you get on it.

I am very pleased with my Magnaflow kit.. Faily cheap cost wise... Under $500.00 shipped.. I think Marylandspeed was running a special..

I got mine from www.autoanything.com - Had a 15% off coupon..

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
well i would say +1 for magnaflow.. but.......:crackup:

i have the Corsa Touring exhaust on my TBSS.. but thats out of your price range..800$ alone just for this kit... full catback system.. stainless steel W/O the resonator.. but it is very throaty.. just like a V8 is supposed to sound.. but it is not open header loud... cabin noise is very minimal...

but i would corsa or magnaflow...ive heard both and both are awesome

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
i have the Corsa Touring exhaust on my TBSS.. but thats out of your price range..800$ alone just for this kit... full catback system.. stainless steel W/O the resonator.. but it is very throaty.. just like a V8 is supposed to sound.. but it is not open header loud... cabin noise is very minimal...

:iagree: not to say anything bad about magnaflow, but i've heard the touring exhaust system on a TBSS and never heard anything like it. First thing i'm getting for it as soon as I trade in my bravada for a TBSS :thumbsup:

EDIT: here's a video i found on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmR14swnieo

·
Registered
2008 chevy
422 Posts
ok heres the answer from someone who actually knows. i hate magnaflow they are rediculous quiet, if you wanted magnaflow id stay stock. corsa is pricey but it is the only premade kit worth having. for what you have described the touring is perfect for you, throaty sound, anti drone, and sounds nice when you get on it. the sport would probably be to loud for you. and the biggest point that needs to be made is that you will gain ABSOLUTELY NO POWER from one of these premade cat back systems. the only power gained through exhaust is from headers, in combination with heavy bolt ons and/or cam ect. if you do not want a corsa just cut out your stock muffler and replace it with another one and replace your res. with a piece of striaght pipe.

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
ok heres the answer from someone who actually knows.
you must of not seen my post.. i HAVE the Corsa Touring on my SS.. so i know as well :raspberry:thumbsup: unless you ment the technical aspect of the exhaust :laugh: in that case my bad then :tiphat

good input tho.. i have heard both exahust and IMHO..ima Corsa guy.. so +1 for Corsa :cool:

·
Registered
2008 chevy
422 Posts
you must of not seen my post.. i HAVE the Corsa Touring on my SS.. so i know as well :raspberry:thumbsup: unless you ment the technical aspect of the exhaust :laugh: in that case my bad then :tiphat

good input tho.. i have heard both exahust and IMHO..ima Corsa guy.. so +1 for Corsa :cool:
yeah buddy i was talkin tech :raspberry but yes we are in agreement on the corsa :yes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Magnaflow all the way. Not too loud and is all stainless. it keeps the volume low cause it has a resonator.. But has a nice tone to it when you get on it.

I am very pleased with my Magnaflow kit.. Faily cheap cost wise... Under $500.00 shipped.. I think Marylandspeed was running a special..

I got mine from www.autoanything.com - Had a 15% off coupon..
I just ordered my magnaflow too but i paid 375.00 at performance peddlers.com should be in soon ill let u know how it sounds

·
Registered
2006 chevy
89 Posts
Go with the Corsa sport or touring. I did alot of research and listening of the different exhausts before I chose and let me tell you what the corsa system sounds 10X better than the magnaflow. If you want a really reserved bolt on exhaust the magnaflow is for you but why even spend the money. It honestly doesn't sound much different from the stocker exhaust. At first I wanted the corsa touring " I was afraid the sport would be way to loud" but ended up with the corsa sport and I love it. It sounds great and you really won't notice the exhaust until you either floor it, or get into the higher rpm's. When you drive it normal you can go down a city road without even drawing any attention, but if you jump on it you will let everyone know your coming. Plus, the sound the corsa emits is just awesome I swear every time I floor my SS the sun shines a bit brighter and the gods are pleased. but thats just my:m2:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
5 Posts
Im in the same situation as you....I've heard good things about the Corsa but I've had a full magnaflow a couple years ago on a Mustang. Ya I like American muscle anything lol. Magnaflow gives a nice sound and its not too raunchy plus its been known to give good true horsepower. Then again from the sound clips I've been listening to Flowmaster sounds good. I'd go with Magnaflow though.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
12 Posts
which to get?

First off hello everyone im chris and i joined this forum about a week ago i purchased my first and only awd tbss in november since then i have been listening to and researching about the best bang for your buck in an exhaust system im not sure whether JBA, Corsa Sport, or Magnaflow is what i should go with i know SLP is the best but its just so damn expensive id appreciate the feedback thanks

·
Registered
2007 chevy
355 Posts
I listened and compared everything out there and went with the Sport. This system is not for everyone, very subtle at idle, but wild at WOT. The Magnaflow almost sounds quieter than stock..lol. Over time I added SLP long tubes with gutted cats and it is just plain over the top loud. I keep saying I'm going to quiet it down with a resonator, but it's just so damn much fun scaring the crap out of people....but waaaay too loud for normal applications. Check the idle/rev clip in my sig to see what I'm talking about. Once the weather gets nice again, I have to get a WOT vid up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanks i think thats what im going to go with my first choice was the corsa sport i had a 05 ram with a full cherry bomb extreme dual exhaust so yea i know what your talking about when you say way to loud

·
Registered
12 Posts
ive also been looking at the jba cat back exhaust but havent herd much from other people about them is there anyone out here with the jba catback on a 06 07 TBSS?

·
Registered
12 Posts
does cutting the resonator void the powertrain warranty? mines still got 10,000 miles left on it

·
Registered
2007 chevy
79 Posts
Um i wouldnt think so. I had a New tranny installed under warranty after my exhaust was installed. Dealer didnt say a thing.

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
does cutting the resonator void the powertrain warranty? mines still got 10,000 miles left on it
No the warranty will not be effected due to your exhaust... powertrain and exhaust are 2 different areas... now if something goes wrong with your exhaust while under warranty then obviously that wont be covered... but having an aftermarket exhaust will not void powertrain warranties

·
Registered
12 Posts
so buckinb you cut the resonator near the tip? im getting ready to do mine i like ur set up and sound and of course the price range

1 - 20 of 32 Posts