Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - searched thru the forums and found a LOT of different answers to that question, so I'm not sure the best way to source switched 12V power.

I'm about to install a Motorola Bluetooth kit in my 2002 Bravada and I have the GMCSS-2 harness. The only issue is where to source the switched power so the Bluetooth kit turns off with the ignition.

So where is the best place to get that switched 12V? Ideally I'd like it be RAP but I don't have a sunroof so that might be out of the question.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
376 Posts
Look up!

I don't have a sunroof either, but I did access RAP through the overhead console. I read that the sunroof wiring is up there, but when I got it open I found it easier to get RAP from the rear window switches. (EXT far rear window switches are in the overhead console)

Not sure what you have up there, but it is easy to access.

Bill

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
Hi - searched thru the forums and found a LOT of different answers to that question, so I'm not sure the best way to source switched 12V power.

I'm about to install a Motorola Bluetooth kit in my 2002 Bravada and I have the GMCSS-2 harness. The only issue is where to source the switched power so the Bluetooth kit turns off with the ignition.

So where is the best place to get that switched 12V? Ideally I'd like it be RAP but I don't have a sunroof so that might be out of the question.

Thanks for your help!
There is an IGN fuse in the fuse box under the rear left seat. The cover has a legend showing the position of the fuses. Be careful though. If you blow the fuse, you won't be able to turn off the ignition switch until you replace the fuse. Make sure you always have an immediate spare. I keep my spare fuses in a box velcroed to the cover.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
There is an IGN fuse in the fuse box under the rear left seat. The cover has a legend showing the position of the fuses. Be careful though. If you blow the fuse, you won't be able to turn off the ignition switch until you replace the fuse. Make sure you always have an immediate spare. I keep my spare fuses in a box velcroed to the cover.
What a wonder design GM :hail::hail::bonk::hail::hail:

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks for your help!
I am having the same issue. I don't really like any of the suggestions below. IS there anywhere else? By probing around I thought I found a pin on my 4x4 selection knob. However, when I tapped it, I think I may have messed up my 4x4. So will probably have to remove that one (hopefully it fixes the 4x4). But that is another issue...

Does no one have a better place to find an ignition switched 12v supply?

Please HELP.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
24 Posts
I am having the same issue. I don't really like any of the suggestions below. IS there anywhere else? By probing around I thought I found a pin on my 4x4 selection knob. However, when I tapped it, I think I may have messed up my 4x4. So will probably have to remove that one (hopefully it fixes the 4x4). But that is another issue...

Does no one have a better place to find an ignition switched 12v supply?

Please HELP.
dependind on how much current ull be pulling u can use the wires that supply power to the lighter or at the IGN harness itself (Best bet and easy to get to) i belive the IGN wire is pink but not positive on that

·
Registered
2 Posts
dependind on how much current ull be pulling u can use the wires that supply power to the lighter or at the IGN harness itself (Best bet and easy to get to) i belive the IGN wire is pink but not positive on that
Thanks. I'll have to double check, but I thought I did check there and it was direct battery. Not IGN switched. But I will double check this am...

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
89 Posts
IS there anywhere else?
Please HELP.
the ignition harness is the best place to go

u can use the wires that supply power to the lighter
the power ports are on all the time

or at the IGN harness itself (Best bet and easy to get to) i belive the IGN wire is pink but not positive on that
the ignition wire is pink, however i would use the brown ACC wire, sometimes it will cause a problem with an electronic device if it is powered up while cranking (starting the truck) because the voltage drops below 12v because the starter is using most of the power from the battery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.