Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Got a 2005 GMC Envoy v6 4200 SLT Elite vehicle.
Can any one help me find the location of the fuel pressure regulator or filter? It seems that the 05 is a little different from the 03-04 models. Cause the 05 doesn't even have an external fuel filter I found out. They are calling the filter the pad at the bottom of the fuel pump, the only filter this year has supposedly.
I found this in a discussion where 2 guys are on the same page.. Could this be accurate?

Screenshot_2020-03-22-23-27-48.png

Screenshot_2020-03-22-23-21-32.png

Fuel pressure regulator?
Anyone?
Thanks!

·
Registered
311 Posts
The fuel pressure is on the fuel supply rail. It'll have a vacuum line attached to it.

About the fuel pump bearings..... they are cooled and lubricated by the gasoline in the tank.

Any time you let the fuel level drop below 1/4 tank or so, the upper bearing goes dry and has its life shortened.

Read that last sentence carefully. It's an expensive mistake to make.... and doing so repeatedly is wallet suicide.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
56 Posts
As I understand it there was a change to a returnless fuel system at some point? And no external fuel pressure regulator.

·
Registered
311 Posts
As I understand it there was a change to a returnless fuel system at some point? And no external fuel pressure regulator.
Of this I am not aware. Could be - but somehow I think not because of the necessity to purge the fuel lines and rails at start-up.

Air - if any gets into the system - and the injectors being the highest part of the system - gets in, it has to go somewhere - right?

So -- they send it back to the tank to de-aerate and cycle around again.

Then there's the thermal need to cool the injectors 'cause they live and work in a very hot and nasty environment.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
56 Posts
Here is a discussion. However, no one seems to confirm anything...

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
69 Posts
All GM 360 vehicles from 2005-2009 had a return less fuel system. The regulator and the filter are part of the fuel pump sending unit assembly. That's also why you will only see 1 fuel line and 1 vent line coming out of the top of the pump assembly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts