Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just picked up a used 2005 Envoy SLE 2WD and the manual says that there is a Compressor in the rear of the SUV that can blow up balls and other small items, but I can't find it anywhere. Is it an option only item perhaps?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,433 Posts
I read your thread title and I got a mental image of exploding beach balls and tires :eek: :p

You'll only have that compressor if you have air ride suspension in the rear. If you have standard coil springs then you don't have the compressor.

·
Premium Member
2006 gmc envoy_denali
861 Posts
I think the reply that said with "air ride" was correct, my Denali with air ride has it. By the way it is on the passengers side right near the rear. A panel with flip catches hides the air hose and connector.

·
Registered
Magnetic Red Metallic Envoy XUV w/SLT trim
83 Posts
I know this is an old thread but first check the Service Parts Identification sticker, sometimes called SPID sticker, in the glovebox and look for code G67... The auxiliary air fitting is in the cargo area on the side the compressor is mounted. This can vary, depending on Envoy or Trailblazer, short or long wheelbase, etc. I have an Envoy XUV and there's a little door on the driver's side plastic trim panel just inside the tailgate, about 5-6" square (below the yellow button.)

TrailBlazers have a bigger door on the passenger side between the tailgate and rear tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.