Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to install OEM fog lights on my 02 ls and i already saw the how-to guide but i just cant find the brackets anywhere! does anyone know where i can get a pair of the brackets?? thanks!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
eBay... I found a complete set of OEM fogs w/brackets there. I was still missing the electrical socket for the lamps, but they are generic to a lot of GM applications. Just search any salvage yard and you'll find them all over the place. Lots of Pontiacs had fog lamps with the right socket.

Here's one eBay listing (no recommendation for seller):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
201 Posts
There are no OEM brackets that you can buy. They are attached to the front bumper cover (the covers are molded differently). You would have to get a new cover and have it painted or get the Ebay ones that are made to hold the OEM fog lights.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
eBay... I found a complete set of OEM fogs w/brackets there. I was still missing the electrical socket for the lamps, but they are generic to a lot of GM applications. Just search any salvage yard and you'll find them all over the place. Lots of Pontiacs had fog lamps with the right socket.

Here's one eBay listing (no recommendation for seller):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
These don't come with a bracket. The bracket would need to be fabricated as stated above.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
I thought that you were looking for the brackets that mount to the lights. They are included with the lights I posted from the eBay sale.

There are no factory brackets other than those. The lights bolt directly to the bumper facia if you have a factory foglamp bumper.

If you are cutting out a non-factory bumper to install fogs, then check out the articles link at the top of the foum page. There is an article detailing how to build something that will hold the lights in place.

Don't waste time looking for "factory" mounts... None exist except what comes built onto the light housings.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
9 Posts
brackets

i was wondering if anyone was looking to get rid of old brackets, if not whats the next best thing to them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts