Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see what others do with their christmas lights. I'm trying to decide when to take down the lights.... and what day do you not turn them on anymore?

Leave then on until Dec 25th only?
Leave on until end of year?
Some other day?

Leave them on the house all year long?
Leave them up until spring?
Take them down weather permitting and not bitter cold?
Take them down right away?

I noticed where I live there are tons of people with their lights still on....i'm turning mine off and taking the lights down when it is nice out and I feel like it.
:undecided
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
typically after new years...however we all kno that if we say were gna do it jan 2nd were not even lookin at the boxes untill around the 6h [epif] so it all good...i thik any decorations up past jan 16-20 is pushin it :m2:

·
Registered
607 Posts
ASAP, baby, ASAP! Nice to see Christmas come, nicer to see it go is my opinion. The lights are not on here past Christmas morning, and go down as soon as I can get time to do it.

·
West Chapter
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
3,398 Posts
took everything down today and the tree goes out tomorrow when the trash truck comes by :p

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
236 Posts
It is New Years Day, and I just finished taking all mine down!
Time to start a new year! And speaking of New Years and
new beginnings, I also just graduated from college! And it only
took me 24 years to do it, talk about Super Senior.... well...
I did have a 20 year break in there for a Navy Career... but like
they say, better late than never! Just don't wait THAT long
to take down your lights!! :)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
625 Posts
Inside light and tree were and are always down and gone new years day.
The outside stuff on the other hand well that's all either frozen to the ground or frozen to the house with all the warm ups and cools offs we have had so looks like there stayin until it thaws in the spring.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Leave 'em up till a few dayz after 3 kings day. Oh wait...thats only for us Puertoricanz!!! In that case down after the year.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
476 Posts
Well, after one Christmas I left the outside ones up (until the next Christmas).
That didn't bother me but it sure did others.

After that I've made it a habit of putting the outside ones up anytime around Thanksgiving when the weather's still decent. I don't turn them on until around the second week of Dec.

The tree goes up the second week of Dec. and stays until New Years day.

I've switched all my lights to LED's. Got tired of replacing burnt out bulbs and the whole nine yards with the incandescent bulbs. On the plus side their cheaper to light & last longer.

I have a wireframe Santa/sleigh and Reindeer. I tried to find similar units with LED's but everything was too expensive. So I just bought some LED lights & swapped out the string of incandescent for them it cost me $21 for the LED's and I saved about $75.:m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
69 Posts
Weekend after new Years

unless New Years Day is on a weekend.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts