Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to switch to the summer shoes this afternoon and i cant find the key to my wheel locks... so my ugly stock wheels are stuck on there for now. Is there anything i can do because im convinced im never gonna find the key

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Find a wheel thief, who presumably has masters to everything.

Look for your original purchase packaging, which should have the manufacturer and secret code printed on it.

Hammer a similar size sacrificial socket over the nut.

Chisel or drill out the locking nut, destroying the wheel stud and maybe five drill bits in the process. Replace the stud.

Weld a nut to the locking nut, and then remove it.

I think that exhausts the possibilities.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,214 Posts
Most decent shops have the removal kit. They're basically conical shaped sockets that you hammer on and zip them off with a air wrench. If you have a socket that 'almost' fits and you don't mind ruining it, you can possible bang it on to loosen the locks one by one.

One alternative is if you have locks that are made by a reputable firm (that actually has a phone number) and if you took the time to register, they can usually send you a replacement or 2nd key. I have two keys for my locks for just that reason, one hidden in the truck and the other in my tool box.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
253 Posts
You may have "Generic" locks. meaning the shop where you bought your wheels gave you and everyone else they sell wheels to the same key. Mine are generic, the shop does alot of custom wheels and they have them laying everywhere. Contact your wheel shop/lug supplier/lock supplier

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
surprisingly nobody accused me of being a theif... well thanx i think i have the original packaging, i have the box the new lug nuts came in, but i dont know if the wheel locks were a separate purchase since i purchased them and had them installed all at once therefore i never actually saw the packaging, but im sure the shop can do the job for me... i hope

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
449 Posts
Sorry.. I was asleep..

THIEF!!!! SCOUNDREL!!!! GENERALLY UNSAVORY PERSONAGE!!!!!

EVERYTHING HE SAYS IS VILLAINY AND LIES!!!!!

There.. its taken care of... :woot: I'm sure waiting for that shoe to drop was killing ya.. ;)

·
Banned
2006 gmc envoy_denali
395 Posts
Or you could learn to like the stock rims. I don't like locks on my rims for this reason, plus, if they do get stolen the NEW rims and tires the insurance company would be buying would be better than the old already used ones.

Roadie sure had alot of suggestions, did you get them off??

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i dont have any desire to do the work myself, the only reason i was going to is because my dad wanted to help me, and i wasnt gonna say no...

but i think ill take the rims to discount tires on monday and tell them my problem, and they will probably help me out, plus they switch them for free even though i didnt buy the rims there. im still soooo mad at myself for losing the key:duh:

and i cant believe may remembers me, i havent been on the forums for a while since i dont have money for mods at all, and my sound system isnt really all together at the moment, actually none of its working just the stock front speakers not any of the speakers i've installed

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,821 Posts
and i cant believe may remembers me, i havent been on the forums for a while since i dont have money for mods at all, and my sound system isnt really all together at the moment, actually none of its working just the stock front speakers not any of the speakers i've installed
sure do:D

I cooked my 18's so Im only running mids and highs atm:(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.