Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a fair bit of research through the threads on here. I am still not 100% what my issue is.
Heres the problem: Like others have expericenced...i have a pulsing sound,sounds like it coming from the left front end. The pulse increases as speed increases. (sounds like a whopping sound..whoop whoop whoop). It is more noticeable at about 30km/hr to 60km/hr (15 to 30 m/hr).

Heres what i have done:

Rotated tires- the pulse is more/less noticeable depending where the tires are where on the vehicle. I inspected the tires and seem to have a bit of abnormal wear (lower spots every so often...cupping?)<--shock issues??
The thing is also, is that the pulse cadence is very consistant no matter where the tires are but may be louder or quieter.

Inpected the front end with weight off wheels- no play anywhere. although a bit of low ticking sound on left hand CV going into transfer case. (not sure if this is normal...right side does not do it). this low ticking sound does not sound like what i am hearing while driving.

Bearing Test while driving- sound is still there if i turn left or right.

So my first thought was wheel hub assy, then i figure tires...but then i did the tire rotation (which i do every 10000km (6000miles)) and the sound is there but changes a bit.

anyway, any advice would be great.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,269 Posts
have you replaced your shocks?
It could be a very bad shock.....
Ive seen cars on the highway-- the shocks are dead---and the tire simply bounces as the car rolls down the road...
You literally see the tire bounce.

heres an example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sgOf3js2FY

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have you replaced your shocks?
It could be a very bad shock.....
Ive seen cars on the highway-- the shocks are dead---and the tire simply bounces as the car rolls down the road...
You literally see the tire bounce.

heres an example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sgOf3js2FY
Thanks rbarrios,
have not changed shocks, i did give it a bounce check and it bounces back and stops within two bounces. I have had the same thought though...i saw your video there, its amazing people drive to that extreme.
The thing with mine...maybe it is that the shocks are worn, but would i still get that at slow speeds?...15mph?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok....i had done a bit more indepth shock check...the left does bounce a fair bit...also the stabilizer links on both sides are quite worn with quite a bit of play.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.