1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I need some advice.

I have an '05 Trailblazer LT EXT. I have a rumble in the front end, rumbles when we are going straight and left turns, reduces to minimal or none on right hand turns. Wheel bearing right? NOPE.

I changed the front drivers side where the noise seems to be coming from. New bearing SKF BR930470 $317.00 taxes.... $358.21 OUCH!
Freakin noise is still there. What now? Any suggestions or ways to diagnose?

Thanks,

Vic

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
25 Posts
If the sound gets to be less when turning right it is the passengers side bearing not the drivers side. Replace the pass. side with the one you removed from the drivers side and the noise should disappear. Its free as long as you still have the old bearing from the other side and its just your time now.:m2:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...practice makes perfect.

I changed out the Pass. side with the old drivers side and TAA-DAAAA -- good as new :duh:.

So a general review.
Changed out the drivers side (good) bearing with a brand new one
Problem still there. ~sigh
Changed out the pass. side (bad) with drivers side old one (good)
Now all is well.

Like they say there are more then one way to do something. I just chose the hard way. :weird:
Good thing I'm not a surgeon, Malpractice !

Thanks folks.
:thx
Vic

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah just a general rule of thumb there with wheel bearings as when you turn one way your transfering weight to that side thus the louder noise.
those damn abs sensors in the bearings now make them so expensive
wouldnt hurt to maybe start putting some money aside for that other side as they tend to go in pairs. Less pain that way:sadcry:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,037 Posts
:thumbsup:AMAZING! It's so good belonging to a site with such knowledgeable people! I will store this in the back of whats left of my brain(burnt and still smokin) for future reference!:yes:

·
Premium Member
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
272 Posts
yeah just a general rule of thumb there with wheel bearings as when you turn one way your transfering weight to that side thus the louder noise.
when you turn one way you are transferring the weight to the opposite side, so when he turned left and got the loud noise it was because of the weight shift to the bad passenger side bearing, so the bad bearing is usually the one away from a turn.............noisy left turn means a bad passenger bearing, noisy right turn usually means a bad drivers side bearing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.