Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I replaced my passenger side wheel bearing a few years ago... lately my envoy is humming again, especially bad around right turns.

So common sense says to replace the left wheel bearing, as thats the wheel with the "pressure" on it in a right turn.

Replaced the left (read: original) wheel bearing, take it for a test drive and still humming around right turns :hissy:

What gives? Did I get a rare wheel bearing failure here? I thought, typically, if it hums when turning right, then the left is bad and if it hums turning left then the right is bad. But its humming when I turn right and I just replaced the left. Should I replace the right wheel bearing or start looking for other problems?:hopeless

· Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends entirely on your budget, available time, tolerance for annoyance, and availability of the bearing you just took off. You didn't discard it yet, did you?
No, I didnt toss it yet but I did sever the ABS wiring getting it off :duh:

Its ok. I called my local parts guy and hes got one more in stock. Lifetime warranty. Im going to pick it up tmo.

Isnt it kinda unusual for the wheel bearing thats on the side of the direction you are turning to make noise when you turn in that direction? I always thought if you turned right and the front end gave wheel bearing feedback (noise, vibrations, etc) that it was the left wheel bearing because it was taking the weight at the moment. Isnt that usually the case?

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,545 Posts
I had a similar issue although it would make the noise any direction I would turn :weird:. It was so far gone it apparently didn't matter at that point, it was vibrating so bad that my rear view mirror would vibrate :eek:. I jacked the front up and rotated each wheel, it was pretty obvious which one it was after that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.