Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who are you guys using for wheel adapters? I read some threads and 1.5" seems to be the appropriate thickness for the markmc lift?

I tried wheeladapter.com, but after a poor customer service experience I'd like hear about alternative suppliers.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I tried wheeladapter.com, but after a poor customer service experience I'd like hear about alternative suppliers.
Did Fred talk your ear off, or mess up somehow? He's really getting on in years, and some of us try to talk to his operations mgr (his daughter) instead of Fred just to move the process along. :confused:

Also, under no circumstances can I recommend EZAccessories, who have a web site and are also on Ebay. I've posted numerous times about these goofs.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did Fred talk your ear off, or mess up somehow? He's really getting on in years, and some of us try to talk to his operations mgr (his daughter) instead of Fred just to move the process along. :confused:

Also, under no circumstances can I recommend EZAccessories, who have a web site and are also on Ebay. I've posted numerous times about these goofs.
I went to Fred's website, but did not see prices. I sent an email asking for a quote, and he called me a left a voice mail. The voice mail simply said he wanted me to call him -- no actual info was left. He then emailed me saying he called me. Still no info. I emailed him back, advised that I was at work, and that I would prefer a quote via email. Apparantly he won't do business that way :suicide:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just depends on what you are planning, but 1.5" is the most common size.
I had a Jimmy with 31x10.50R15's and it look great, but it would rub on the fenders at full flex.

I would like to be able to take a trail, bring the suspension to full flex, and not have it rub. I'll be keeping factory wheels, if that matters.

What spacer/tire size do you recommend for your lift kit if my goal is to not have any rubbing?

I was thinking a 1.5" spacer and 265/75R16... Is that too big? Can I go bigger?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
359 Posts
I bought the ones from wheeladapter on ebay. I bought spacers that just went straight from 6X5" to 6X5". They are hub centric and 1.3" (1 3/8" approx) thick. Appeared to be machined well and they were on my porch within a week. I had to grind down my rear studs about 1/8" for them to fit, front went on no problem. The rear rotors must be a bit thinner from the factory. I don't have any complaints. I took special care to cross tighten and torque them properly.

I'm just running my stock rims. I fugure if I ever see some rims I like they'll have less positive offset and I can throw these spacers back out for sale on the internet.

Samsoffroad quoted me $340 delivered. I believe they would have been 1.5"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts