Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is everybody's favorite? For years now I have been a fan of meguier's (don't think I spelled it right) but have been thinking about trying mothers or NuFinish. Speaking of NuFinish, has anybody ever used this product? Also, who do you all think makes the best clay bar kit? I really need to restore the clear coat on my truck, it makes it so much easier to get all the mud off.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,127 Posts
i found my dads old random orbit buffer last night and used it on the bmw with some meguiars ultimate compound and mothers synwax and :eek: that made the paint look like it wasnt from 1984. but i typically use meguiars and mothers products because it's easier to get them than have the stuff shipped to you. i also have some professional products from dealerships ive worked at but shhhhhhhh :)

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
I have been using Zymol products for years, but recently tried the new Turtle Wax Ice products and I really like their polish. You can even put it on the plastic or rubber trim and it shines it up to with no residue.:D

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
38 Posts
For the exterior:
Meguiars Gold Class and Gilmour Foam gun

Menzerna Super Intensive Polish
Menzerna Power Finish
Menzerna Super Finish

Porter Cable 7224 and an assortment of pads from Purple Foam Wool to Blue.

Meguiars #105 and #205 Polishes are also on my list.

Wax - Gotta go with Nattys Blue (great on darker colors)

Sealant - Wolfgang or Nattys

Wheels - PS21 wheel cleaner or a good all purpose cleaner, depending upon the shape of them.

Tires - Wesley's Bleach White, namely for the RWL

Tire Shine - Armour All Tire Gel (only armor all product I use)

Trim - Nattys Trim restorer

All purpose cleaner/degreaser - Megs Professional Detailer Line. (diluted to different strengths)

Interior:

Dash and Trim - Aerospace 303 Protectant ( normally once every two to three weeks)

Carpets/Stains - Folex

Leather Seats - Leatherique Line (once a year) Meguiars for weekly cleaning and protecting.

Glass - Stoners Invisible Glass

Just my two cents....

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's really hard to say what my absolute favorites are but here are some of them:

Restore and maintain exterior
Flex XC 3401 VRG - safe orbital buffer with lots of power.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Now once this drops in price my arsenal will be complete! :woohoo:

Oh and on a side note: I have ordered from DI and I was extremely impressed with not only the speed of delivery but also some really competitive prices! His daily specials really can't be beat IMHO. Keep your eyes peeled boys and girls, you can pick up quality detailing supplies at a great price!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
290 Posts
I like the mothers products myself I havn't used it on my TB yet but did with another car I had. Can someone tell me more about this clay wax kit plz. Is it available at most places? how do you apply it? I would like to try it I have heard lots about here so any pointers would be much appreciated :thx

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,074 Posts
This last time I used Ice Claybar & Ice interior stuff....amazing & even the claybar smells good. IMO the Ice claybar was WAYYYYYY better then Meguire's, anyday...took off way more crap then Meguire's ever thought of...then again that's just my 2cents!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Mothers chemicals I like really well, and I've tried just about all of them, so far MOthers seem to bring the best shine, when it comes to degreasing Poor boys from Detailed Image works the best.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.