Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I recently had a cracked manifold replaced about 4 months ago by an exhaust shop. At the time, there was 8 out of the 11 bolts that had to be drilled out, so I'm glad it wasn't me doing the labor, and I was happy to pay them.

Just this week, I noticed a loud sound coming from the manifold again. I did an engine clean with Sea Foam to try and isolate the leak with the resultant smoke, and voila, smoke pouring out from under the manifold.

I can't pin point it until I at least remove the heat shield, but I want to get others opinions on their experience with the product. Many posts have eluded to shoddy machining compared to OEM, but I didn't closely compare the two before install.

It may be as easy as tightening the bolts, but I'm not holding my breath. The good news is that if I do need to replace it again, the bolts are new and there won't be any broken studs. Bad news is, short of putting in headers, I'm unfortunately just replacing the manifold with the same crappy product.

Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm hoping so. I've had the exhaust worked on a few times since due to some bad welds, so I'm hoping its just been jarred around and may have been under torqued the first time around.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You were right. I could loosen the manifold to cat flange bolts by hand. Must have rattled loose. Problem Solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts