Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get on here at least once a day and always see responses, pics, get togethers, and meets from the other half, but I see few and far post from the west side of the states mainly the west coast side. Whats up with everybody, theres got to be some lifted, stock and lowered tbs that want to get together every now and again to hang out or help each other with there trucks with what ever skills you have to offer. Im from Or. and see that member liftedplane wants to get a meeting in spring and out of a 150 people that looked at the post only 4 people responded. It would be a really cool meet if only half of those that looked at the post would respond and get together to show of your trucks, eat a bunch of cheap food and just have fun.:

·
Banned
chevy
1,091 Posts
Hard to say...

I always offer to help with mods when I see someone post. Most of the time I don't even check here anymore since the traffic is so low.

I wheel with a mixed club, since I can't find a steady number of Trailvoys to do much of anything with.

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
In the East people are a lot closer together. Texas is HUGE. California is HUGE. People are a lot more spread out, and it takes a lot more to get a event organized. Maryland to New Jersey is around 3 hours. It would take me 6+ hours to get to the next state.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
007 said it best us west coast guys are all spread out. Were mostly all in the big cities in all of the western states not like the east coast guys who are EVERYWHERE over there.

For me to go meet people would require me to drive 5 hours to So Cal and that's about the closest anybody is to me.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
276 Posts
I'm kinda here in Wyoming all alone more or less and Trailvoy.com is somewhat slow so I don't visit it as often as another TB related site.

Not to mention it's a bit of a drive from the eastern side of this state to gather and visit with anyone else in another state.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I organize at least 2, usually 3-4 meets a year here in the NW. All but 1 have been in the greater Seattle area (and that one started there, we drove to central WA together).

Im happy to organize a meet, but Im sick of having 15 people say they'll show up and we have 6 people actually come.

Ill be headed down to Portland sometime in late April or early May to pick my boat up from the mechanics, maybe we can get a meet setup for the Saturday Im down there.

But it eventually comes down to too few people spread too thin vs the east coast and the midwest.

·
Premium Member
2006 gmc envoy_denali
861 Posts
I organize at least 2, usually 3-4 meets a year here in the NW. All but 1 have been in the greater Seattle area (and that one started there, we drove to central WA together).

Im happy to organize a meet, but Im sick of having 15 people say they'll show up and we have 6 people actually come.

Ill be headed down to Portland sometime in late April or early May to pick my boat up from the mechanics, maybe we can get a meet setup for the Saturday Im down there.

But it eventually comes down to too few people spread too thin vs the east coast and the midwest.
Can't help but agree with this. I'm 1100 miles from the West Coast, 300-500 miles from a large center (500,000-1,000,000 people). One of our West Coast members is planning a Las Vegas meet, that would only be 1443 miles, not exactly a weekend trip.

:m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
276 Posts
In the East people are a lot closer together. Texas is HUGE. California is HUGE. People are a lot more spread out, and it takes a lot more to get a event organized. Maryland to New Jersey is around 3 hours. It would take me 6+ hours to get to the next state.
:iagree:

Other than this is for the wrong portion, Northwest, not Southwest.... Though it does apply them as well.

Look a the population density and area of coverage. It's rediculous. We cover more than 3X the area and have less than 1/3 of the people. Expecting anyone from Alaska to drive down for a visit with out planning a year ahead of time is asking a bit much. You could justify breaking up the area's quite a bit and some of those would still see very little activity.

I'm sorry to say there would have to be more incentive than just "meeting up" with the guys N gals to get most folks from half of these states to travel the distance just to have a meet.

Your better off just organizing for your individual state and even then unless your on the Coast your just hoping for the best.

·
Premium Member
2006 gmc envoy_denali
861 Posts
Just a thought. Some of us would like to join a Chapter however the rules state that we would need to attend 1 get together a year with at least 3 Members. Perhaps this rule could be relaxed if you have to drive over say, 500 miles to attend a meet. :m2:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,357 Posts
Hey RED,
Since you're in Sask, why aren't you looking at the Western Canada threads for potential meets? I dunno mebbe you already are...

I've read numerous posts from guys & gals out West, so there's gotta be some interest in a meet out that way.
It's gotta be closer than travelling down to the US no?

·
Premium Member
2006 gmc envoy_denali
861 Posts
Hey RED,
Since you're in Sask, why aren't you looking at the Western Canada threads for potential meets? I dunno mebbe you already are...

I've read numerous posts from guys & gals out West, so there's gotta be some interest in a meet out that way.
It's gotta be closer than travelling down to the US no?
You are right I would like to join the Western Canada but the meets tend to be with the Washington State guys in Vancouver or Seattle, or Bill's annual Las Vegas extravaganza. I am not sure if the guys in Edmonton or Calgary have ever had a meet but that is still 300-500 miles one way for one day. Never heard of anything in Winnipeg but again that is 500 miles the other way. Talk about being in the middle of nowhere.

If we ever get to Alberta the wife expects to spend 1/2 a day @ IKEA, you know how that goes.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
You are right I would like to join the Western Canada but the meets tend to be with the Washington State guys in Vancouver or Seattle, or Bill's annual Las Vegas extravaganza. I am not sure if the guys in Edmonton or Calgary have ever had a meet but that is still 300-500 miles one way for one day. Never heard of anything in Winnipeg but again that is 500 miles the other way. Talk about being in the middle of nowhere.

If we ever get to Alberta the wife expects to spend 1/2 a day @ IKEA, you know how that goes.
And one of the guys that I can always count on is Bill coming down from Vancouver for my NW meet.

We're basically screwed, no way around it.

I was hoping the dates would line up for both Bill's and my Vegas excursions, but didnt work out. Maybe next year!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
89 Posts
I agree with 007 that here in Texas everything is spread out. From San Antonio to Dallas/Ft. Worth it takes about 6 hrs. to get there and from San Antonio to Houston 3 hrs. Traveling to El Paso will take 8 hrs. And this is driving in Texas alone. Like 007 said going to another state takes more than 6 hrs

·
Registered
181 Posts

that might actually work better eric, assuming it's not at the same time I'm in San Diego, I'd be willing to try and setup the meet I posted about at the same time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts