Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am wondering what would be the best way/s to clean up my engine compartment. I just picked this up from the auto auction, and dealer didnt feel like cleaning it before they sold it. So I guess I am stuck with this job (no biggie).

In the past for older vehicles, I would just take some soap and brush up everything, then rinse with a garden hose, but I am guessing with newer vehicle, probably not a good idea.

Also wondering how this got so dirty to begin with, any ides? May have been owned by a county fellow. IDK

Here are pics.

:thx

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,778 Posts
Engine brite cleaner (follow instructions) and no matter how much you want to do not pressure wash it use the garden hose on shower setting. Cover anything electrical with a rag (plastic is better) Then run the engine after to help dry it out and to make sure you didn't screw something up. Do this with the engine COLD. That's what I do. and as you can see I need to do again soon (before it gets too cold).

I thought mine was dirty

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

Jaylind, I think you cleaned yours a little too good. You cleaned your front end right off!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts