Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to replace the shocks and coils on my TB EXT with Monroe, stock feels bad.
I am looking for a comfortable ride with good control, and i think Monroe is a good choice, especially the ongoing promotion (buy 3 get 1 free) till end of May.
Please let me know if you recommend a different brand, and what things to keep in mind.

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
423 Posts
I am planning to replace the shocks and coils on my TB EXT with Monroe, stock feels bad.
I am looking for a comfortable ride with good control, and i think Monroe is a good choice, especially the ongoing promotion (buy 3 get 1 free) till end of May.
Please let me know if you recommend a different brand, and what things to keep in mind.

Thanks
there is a thread started with people opinions on shocks.

monroe are slightly stiffer and better then stock

ss is slightly more stiff.

and the hd billstiens are the stiffest.

thats a simple breakdown. use the search tool to find the thread i mentioned.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
254 Posts
I put the Bilsteins on all four corners of my '06 EXT since I tow a lot, and take long trips without the trailer. I don't feel they are stiff, just the feeling of control. The ride is still silky smooth. I have used Monroes in the past, but prefer the Bilsteins. Go to their website and see the difference in design, and they are only about $60.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read the other threads, but i was hoping someone who has an EXT and tried more than one brand to give his own experience.
I don't tow, go off-road, or plan to lower it. All i need is a good advice based on my needs.
I will check the Bilsein prices and compare them to Monroe's.

Thanks everyone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts