Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am not from US but i do own a trailblazer06:D and i wanna know what will happen to my car in the future:undecided does the sudden stop:hopeless of trail blazer making will make my cars price to go up:undecided or down:undecided? what will happen to spare parts:cry: price will they increase:suicide: or no:confused: any body knows what will happen thanks for replays in advance:duh:

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
We will all have to wait and find out......time will tell......one thing for sure the price of our vehicles will not go up for sure.....especially with the price of gas going up and down!!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
337 Posts
ok i am not from US but i do own a trailblazer06:D and i wanna know what will happen to my car in the future:undecided does the sudden stop:hopeless of trail blazer making will make my cars price to go up:undecided or down:undecided? what will happen to spare parts:cry: price will they increase:suicide: or no:confused: any body knows what will happen thanks for replays in advance:duh:

Unknown for sure. My thought is unless GM goes broke/bankrupt they must honor all of their car/truck warranties for whatever time the contract says they do at the time of signing. This means parts will still have to be made for the next 5-10 years or whenever the cars/trucks completely die off the market. In any case you'll probably have sold/totaled/lost your truck by then. AND I'm sure they'll re-release the TB/other models when the market gets better and they begin to make more money. Again my :m2:

·
Registered
2008 chevy
30 Posts
To be honest, IMO the sudden chopping of models (some very good models) is one of many of the habits that has led GM to their erosion in the market place. It has been my view that for the past 25 years, instead of GM spending money into developing their current cars to meet contemporary styles and market trends, they have been too quick to throw out existing ideas that have had a proven track record. When GM has killed off good lines in the past, often they have replaced them with cheaper alternatives, which for one reason or another did not live up to the legacy of the cars that were in place before them and were successful.

On the other hand, GM also needs a shot in the arm with newer and more competitive products that can compete with their japanese competitors. In effect, GM has a big task ahead of them; to please their existing customers that favored their past cars, and to compete effectively with the newer car trends. GM has to reinforce their current cars that sell with timely updates, and at the same time develop ideas that will lead the car industry in modern designs.

I don't think it should be a problem in getting replacement parts for the trucks within the next ten years. Its too bad that we probably won't see a product like the gmt360s coming from GM again.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
Very soon You can count on certin parts only being available to VIN's of vehicles that are still under warranty. The assembly plant usually trys to come very close to zero inventory at the end of production runs. Then service parts operations takes back all the remaining inventory from the closed plant and stocks it. Then for certin parts like interior trim panels and Instrument panels they make a final order for the various colors and put them to stock. There are not many ordered, particularily in these tight economic times with GM's poor credit. So These will be the last parts available.

There will NEVER be more than 5 years inventory on the different colors interior trim parts. The tools are usually scrapped after the last production run , usually 1 - 2 months after the production of the vehicle stops. After the parts in your color are sold get out your paint can and buy what ever color part remains or go to a recycler For mechanical and collision parts expect the full 10 years of inventory because the suppliers will anticipate additional orders and maintain the tooling.

Lets not hoard any parts, they will be around. Heck I bought a 305 and many parts are barely still available 4 years after the last vehicle was produced. But every part I need to keep this precious machine running is stillavailable

Goodbye fair lady 360/370. God bless the workers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts