Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my original tires and with pulling a 24 ft 4500 lb trailer I've heard differing opinions on what I should replace them with. Some have said get LT's others have said a different tire profile would be better. What did you trailer tow 'ers do/use

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
I need to replace my original tires and with pulling a 24 ft 4500 lb trailer I've heard differing opinions on what I should replace them with. Some have said get LT's others have said a different tire profile would be better. What did you trailer tow 'ers do/use
Big thing is to get something that is C or D load rated... Makes the vehicle more stable in side to side / sidewall flex.

Stock size is fine.

Mike

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
967 Posts
LTs hands down are the best. I've owned 3 Suburbans and they usually had P rated tires on them "for improved ride". Well, in every case I replaced them with LTs and it not only towed better, but rode better. I felt like I had much better control of the truck.

Unfortunately, my TB has 245/65-17 size tires. There are no LTs available in this size, so check your tire size. But my trailer is small and it tows fine. Try tirerack.com to get an idea of what's available. They have a nice search feature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts