2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2002 trailblazer ltz
Bose and onstar
Want to retain both with chimes
Too many options on Internet and they aren't cheap so
I need a good answer from someone who has done it before
I haven't decided what deck to use, does it matter?

-what wiring harness is best?
-does the CD player brand/type matter?

Only replacing due to my factory one does. It work. 6 disc, says changers full, but won't eject any disc. Weird.

Help!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
well I just went through this a few months ago. for me it was a rough time I had no one to tell me what to do or not do. at first I got the gmos harness to hook up my aftermarket radio but soon after install I found that one to be defective. I then wen looking online for a cheaper harness and I found a pac os-2c on amazon but when I got it was also defective. so I bought a pac os-2c harness from their website and decided not to try and short cut myself for a few bucks savings. . I do believe that the pac is way better than the gmos. I don't have the bose hook up on my truck though but you can go to this website and find the model that includes the bose hook up. http://www.pac-audio.com/Products.aspx and as far as retaining steering wheel controls and rear view entertainment I do believe that is the only factor that matters as to what radio you buy. some radios allow you to retain those extra functions and some do not. but again that website is golden for aftermarket harnesses and they are reasonable on the prices if you think buying a pac somewhere else because a few dollars cheaper just remember me and the extra money I ended up spending because I tried saving a few bucks. when you get on the website you can put your make model and year in and they will bring up all the harnesses and tell you what each one if for

hope this was helpful to u

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Im glad I didn't order it yet. I was going on amazon to order the pac os 2 Bose. It was 80 . Best buy sells one for 90. I heard the gmos didn't work. But there is also a harness called soundgate digistar . Apparently it works good and is cheap. But thank you for the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts