Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 EXT and have searched all over for an aftermarket tunner (supership, Hypertech, ect.) who makes a tuner for the 4.2L? where can you buy them?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
425 Posts
pcm 4 less, or hptuner, or i think jet Performance products makes a chip. these are your only options to do tuning to the 4.2 (or you could go to a performance shop and have them do one for you)

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
:iagree: no such programmers for the inline 6 4.2.......pcm4less tune(one of the supporting vendors) is the way to go or westers tune.......good luck!!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Many will tell you, including myself, that you are money ahead going with the PCMforLess tune. I have done both, Jet stage I and the PCMforLess. I am happier with the tune, did not have any problems with the Jet chip over the 2 + years that I used it. You can fine tune the tune and you are stuck with the program in the Jet chip.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
The computer "relearns" default parameters when you use the jet chip. Not worth the paper they use for the installation instructions... if you want more power and better shifting go with PCMforless.
Over the 2+ years I used mine it NEVER reverted to the orig program. Not saying that some have had a different experience. Other than that, I agree with you that PCMforLess is a better choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.