Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know there are threads about this problem but I have searched through and havent seen any answers to this issue. I have a TB 2002 which has the classic syptoms of a LGM, remote locking, Master electrical door unlock / lock, rear wiper/ washer all fail to work. Took it to the dealer and they ran the diagnosis and confirmed the LGM, they replaced it and the fault is still there all the voltaged and earths are good. They are currently running diagnostics from the GM tech support but nothing yet. The BCM is not talking to the LGM at all. They are at a stand still and Tech support is scratching there heads also.

Any strange or wonderfull faults from the past anyone can remeber that have fixed the problem. I am assuming they have continuity checked all the cables as they have had it for 2 days. It's a good one.

Any help appriciated because I'm getting scared at the possible bill or if I'll get my car back this side of June.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
183 Posts
Broken wire????:m2:Many years ago I had a problem with a Pontiac Tempest with an electrical issue, but only when it rained.:bonk:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
So the tech tool can talk to the BCM and the LGM separately, but the BCM can't talk to the LGM directly? Sometimes in communication star networks like that, a DIFFERENT module is interfering. Something unexpected like a door module or radio.

There are data communication splice packs in the vehicle specifically to isolate communication paths like this that might be subject to an unknown wiring problem or bad module. One is above the driver's left knee - the other is under a carpet flap under the passenger's side rear seat. Called splice pack SP205 and SP306. The dealer should be trained how to use these to isolate the data link down to JUST the BCM and LGM and see if they start talking again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for that roadie, it sounds like it may be something like that, I will be speaking to them 2moro so may mention that. Although I'm sure the GM tech support would have gone down that line. As far as I'm aware there hasn't been any other failings on the car that I have noticed.
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts