Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, just picked up an 05 TB last week that has two brand new Wrangler ST tires on the front and one on the back is near new while the fourth needs to be replaced as does the spare.

Didn't know much about ST's but after some research turns out this tire is rated almost the worst by everyone and every rating company I can find.

So my dilemma is do I bite the bullet and by 4 new tires or do I just buy two new St's and not worry about it? I'm just driving on the road no off-roading and running stock rims.

I just put a set of BF Goodrich Long Trail Touring on my wife's Element and I'm very impressed with them and they get really good ratings.

I don't know do I drop 250.00 on just two replacements knowing their not that great of a tire or just buy 4 fresh ones? What do you think?? Should I even worry about the ratings?? :undecided

Damn the internet and too much information...

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
409 Posts
tough decision,,only thing ratings can be misleading..put general hts on my truck,a few weeks ago. best rating,,they were the worst tires ive ever owned,,traded them in on bfg long trail tours and love them..if money is tight id just replace the two...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since you just got your truck, I presume you plan to keep it a while. With that in mind, get a new set of tires and enjoy your new ride.
That's kind of what I'm thinking. Obviously these where the chepest tires the dealer could get and those Long Trails ride so nice...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.