Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep that's the one-can't seem to find it any of the tranny tables. I know it's a 3.42 but when i compare files with other I-6's i want to see what the differences are in shift MPH before making changes-the factory shifting is lame.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
I would think either HP Tuners or maybe EFILive or maybe Westers could answer this one. Those are some of the forum sponsors.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have like 3 different files and i can't seem to find it anywhere-must be in the speedo table. I can't wait to start tuning-gotta get rid of the lazy shift syndrome.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 3 I-6 tunes modified from guys over at the HPtuners forum. Mainly looking at attacking the **** tables for better kickdown for more pep in city driving and on the highway. I find the factory shifting is very lazy.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
vortech said:
I have 3 I-6 tunes modified from guys over at the HPtuners forum. Mainly looking at attacking the **** tables for better kickdown for more pep in city driving and on the highway. I find the factory shifting is very lazy.
I can undersand your dislike of the OE shift on the truck. The shift performance is night and day different on my Envoy after the Vector tune.

·
HP Tuners
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
37 Posts
vortech said:
I have like 3 different files and i can't seem to find it anywhere-must be in the speedo table. I can't wait to start tuning-gotta get rid of the lazy shift syndrome.

The gear ratio does not exist. You will have to enter those values manually.

When you say lazy shifts, you may want to raise the shift pressure tables to make them firmer. Is that what you are asking?

Raising the shift MPH will also make it shift at a higher RPM. WOT shift tables use both the MPH and RPM settings.

And don't overlook the ETC limit tables. They are a real hamper to the electronic throttle opening rate.
It's a great way to get rid of of the soft throttle rates.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What I meant by lazy shifts is the amount of time it takes the tranny to figure out I want it to shift. Say for example on the highway when I want to pass a car I literaly have to floor it to downshift-same goes for city driving-it always seems to be in the wrong gear and have the throttle just hang open before shifting into a lower gear to stay in peak torque.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,475 Posts
When you say lazy shifts, you may want to raise the shift pressure tables to make them firmer. Is that what you are asking?
So you are talking about the table " Base Shift Pressure vs. Torque vs. Gear - Performance"?

My table shows 90 in all cells. So you are saying bumping up the cells in the 1-> 2 Shift row lets say to 120 will firm things up?

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts