Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Love the rims but im not a big fan of my lo-pro tires because i feel they dont fill the wheel well up enough. Of course theres 2 routes either lower my ride or put bigger tires on it. To tell you the truth I really dont want to lower my ride, so if anyone can suggest a nice size tire that would fill my wheel well up i would greatly appreciate it.

Im not really 2 sure how the Tires dimensions go like someone suggested I should put 265/40/22 on my truck and that would fill it out but by reading up on the information on tire dimensions I thought the first # was how thick the tire would be/look? Correct me if im wrong please. Thanks.

Also if you have pictures That would be great.

If I did lower my ride, though, could anyone please explain to me what 2/3 and like 2/4 mean? I see other trailvoyers say they lower their ride with those numbers Im assuming 2/3 means 2 inches in the front and 3 in the back... etc.... If anyone can post some pictures of what the difference between 2/3 and 2/4 is I would also greatly appreciate that. Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
The first set of numbers is the tire width, the second set is the percentage of the width which is the size of the sidewall, the third is rim diameter.

So a 265/50/20 would have a bigger sidewall then a 265/35/20.

Youre right 2/3 would be 2" in the front and 3" in the back.

IMO get the bigger tires:yes:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
55 Posts
eibach

i dont know what its like with 20s but i love my eibach kit my wife even says it drives better if she says it it must be true

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Hmmm....very informative.......I know what you mean with the low profile tires......I would definitely hate to hit a pot hole!!:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts