Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
62 Posts
Does anyone know the diameter of the exhaust pipe on a 2006 Trailblazer LS 4x4? I called my local muffler shop & they wanted to charge me $100 to cut off my resonator & weld the pipe with a tip. It was just an estimate but it still seems a little to much.

I'm thinking about just buying the pipe myself & exhaust tip & paying my friend who also welds to do it instead. But I wasn't sure on the diameter of the pipe to buy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oh yeah I tried doing a search & couldn't find anything about the size of the exhaust. Sorry if this has already been mentioned before. :thx

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks MrSmithsTB & Clockman06LT for the info. I guess $100 ain't that bad then. I just can't believe I'd be paying $100 for someone to weld a pipe for not even 5 minutes of their time. I might look for an alternate cheaper route to just weld it myself. I'll try to post the before & after pics. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1,061 Posts
my muff shop said if i provide the tip he would charge $30 to cut off the resonator and weld the pipe and tip

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
899 Posts
If you are talking about anything AFTER the muffler then yes....

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
sorry to bump this, but just to verify... the exhaust pipe that goes directly into the resonator is 2.5"??? waiting on my tip to come in, and just looking for some good stainles steel pipe to complete the job. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts