Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new to the forums and would like to say hi.

I have a 2005 Trailblazer LS with the I6 4.2L and it has 4WD and AWD on the instrument panel.

So I jacked it up put it on stands and removed the rear brakes and realized the backing plates are rusted and wasted. So I decided to drop the rear differential cover so I could remove the pin from the spider gears and pull the C-clips to get the rear axles out. When I drop the rear cover there was a setup I have never seen before.

I have never seen this type of rear differential configuration. And I used to rebuild these back in the late 80's when there was just simple lockers and posi-traction. Does anyone know how to properly remove this so I can get the axles out?

I tried to post a photo or a link but see that I'm too new. If anyone can help I'd be glad to text it or email it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK I identified this as a Eaton G80 Differential. I have to get a 6 point 5/16 wrench tomorrow so I can remove the Spider Gear pin without stripping the head of the bolt. Going to replace the axle seals and the backing plates once I get this apart and hopefully before the weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for all your help this has got to be one of the best websites ever. I have never gotten this much help with any other issue. Keep up the good work.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts