Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a 2004 TB LT, with a CAI and Performance chip. What other mods can i do to make some more HP? Have yet to see someone turbo the blazer, so what other mods is there?

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
pcmforlees is a tune-definately a great modand should be next, chips are junk. Exhaust-not much hp but depending on the system you get the sound. Supermodulation has a few upgrades like the supersparkz that replace the coil boots, not much hp but definately smooths out idle. Ported throttlebody from him also is a good mod-better throttle response and if you look closely if you clean yours you will see where GM left room for improvement. Next would be to port your head especially on the exhaust side especiaaly with the pre '06 heads-again GM left alot on the table. From there you would have to do a custom turbo setup as there is no "kit" out of the box to do. Talk to limequat or efi-diy as they currently have turbo setups. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea the PCM was the next thing on my list forsure. Yea so far outta my chip i really havnt recived any gains. Is porting the head hard? Im a big DIY type of person.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Porting no, if you have the tools not hard at all. I did a set of exhaust manifolds for my T/A years ago. The hardest part is getting the head off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool Man thanks for the advice. How Much Does the Newly Tuned PCM change the TB jw, cuz i've heard its great but not to much into what it changes

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
70 Posts
there is a ton of reviews.. and none negative that i have seen... from what i understand u kinda tell them what your after.. but all i have seen are reporting better fuel milage.. get rid of that annoying torque managment or what ever it is called that doesnt let you step on the gas and go. and some hp gains as well. cleaning or changing out ur cpas is a good thing to do.. not really a mod..but can bugger up ur system and how things run.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
Yea the PCM was the next thing on my list forsure. Yea so far outta my chip i really havnt recived any gains. Is porting the head hard? Im a big DIY type of person.
Get rid of the chip.....it only works for a while, and eventually the PCM overrides it.

Get the PCM tune. Make sure you tell them that you have a CAI.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Best thing it does is throttle response, so when you step on the gas it goes. There is a thread that shows the delay setup in the pcm that controls the throttle opening. You also get 10-15 hp you can actually feel. petevw is correct in that the chip eventually gets overridden by the pcm and you go back to stock. I would bet to guess that they will do an Easter sale, as they seem to always have a sale for the holidays.

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
70 Posts
i plan on getting it at some point.... just bought a lift kit .. and have an issue im trying to figure out right now... so the pcm will have to wait

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do you go about getting the pcmforless tune. Is it expensive? Sorry if this has been covered I'm fairly new here and just got an 07 TB LS 4.2 I6 last weekend.

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts