Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what exactly is the difference between a 2002 envoy and tb. Mostly all i have seen is people answer NO and that is it.
I see the envoy lights are pretty simple to take off 2 screws and 2 posts. I keep looking at trail blazers from a little distance and online pictures but just cant see what is different between them.
All the online vendors mess up the pictures and get everything wrong and it just confuses everything.
I really want those LED taillights for my envoy and I don't care if I have to modify mounts cut plastic change wiring. So I am really interested in exactly what is different!
I'de compare them to my mothers trail blazer but she has an 08 TrailBlazer SS and I think that has a totally different back end, So I havent even bothered with that option!

So what exactly is the difference between the two? Taller? different posts?
I have no problems fabricated something to shoe them in........

thanks.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
#1) Trailblazer has back -up lights in the light assembly. Envoys are in the bumper. #2) Trailblazer lights are more pointed on the side. Envoy lights are angled then straight down. They would only fit with a lot of metal work. And I believe the SS taillights are the same as any other Trailblazer.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah I did not noticed the backup lights are not in the lights at all. Very interesting since the online sights keep showing me ENVOY taillights with backup lights in them.......

Now that I relook at some of these sites I see it says envoy/trail blazer so those are wrong too.....

I did notice when taking off the envoy taillights that there is about 2inches of wasted space at the bottom which is just a flange painted the cars color.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts