Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
I say a CAI and a tune. And also depends on what gears you have. If you have the 3.42 there is not alot you can do. Those are more for better MPG.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
the 4.10's will put down more at the tire... not a whole lot of performance parts out there for us... best thing to do..

get a tune from PCM4Less.. they are a vendor on here and its day and night..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know PCM 4less but im thinking about saving and going with HP Tuners because i will eventually have my TURBO but What about a Torque Converter

how do you think it will run on 3" exahust or 3" to flowmaster Muffler Split into 2.5" Duals to 2 Can muffler

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
I'm not sure about a torque converter. I don't know much about that kind of stuff. Hopefully some else will chime in to help you out.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
turbos gunna be a bit tough... many companies have come and said yea we will make it... after poking around the engine they drop the whole thing... 3" sounds a bit big.. unless u like a ricer sound and alot of drone...

it would be more helpful if u fill out ur details in ur profile so we know what u have... but being ur in the I6 does help a little but not much... as far as i know no one has done anything with the torgue converter except remove it in the pcm programing..

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I know PCM 4less but im thinking about saving and going with HP Tuners because i will eventually have my TURBO but What about a Torque Converter

how do you think it will run on 3" exahust or 3" to flowmaster Muffler Split into 2.5" Duals to 2 Can muffler
Im just going to tell you right now man, fill out your friggin profile before you ask questions regarding intakes, exhausts, and tunes because we have no idea WTF you drive. Stuff varies by year too, makes a huge difference.

EFILive or HPTuners cannot touch our PCM for boost man, sorry but no how no way. If you can trick the PCM enough by halving the spark tables and using a voltage clamp you *might* be able to make it work. I gave up, even went as far as making a big excel spreadsheet with the wiring pinouts from my 02 to an 06 to make it run boost, but then ran into a problem with different BCMs not working with different year PCMs. So bought an SS instead, plus my SS has 650mi on it now compared to the 103,7xx my 02 has.

Exhaust, you want to do 2.5. I did 3" first and lost a ton of low end tq, you keep going on about more low end so do 2.5. If you want to do duals do 3" from the cat to the main muffler then 2.25 from the main to the resonators (at the back, need otherwise it'll sound ricer) and then whatever tips you want.

TQ converter, once again, what do you want to do with it? Makes a big difference if you just want to launch all day at the track (like a 3400-3600 stall) or a DD (more like 2800-3200). And you will loose low-end tq with a TC, yes you'll hit harder off the line when you brake stall but for every day driving you will lose low end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts