Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
That's the CV side of your crankcase ventilation system.

You NEED that replaced if it's missing. If you want ont put it back, your crankcase will build up moisture, won't evacuate blowby and generally allow crankcase vapors to escape into the air.

FUN FACT ----> Crankcase vapor controls were first installed on military vehicles to burn these byproducts to add to fuel mileage. Yup! True fact!

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
579 Posts
make sure that hose is good, check for clogs, cracks or breaks, follow its routing. its an important part of the engine. allows the crankcase to breathe/vent properly,

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the CV side of your crankcase ventilation system.

You NEED that replaced if it's missing. If you want ont put it back, your crankcase will build up moisture, won't evacuate blowby and generally allow crankcase vapors to escape into the air.

FUN FACT ----> Crankcase vapor controls were first installed on military vehicles to burn these byproducts to add to fuel mileage. Yup! True fact!
The hose is right there, it just wasn't on the proper place. It just came back from the shop and I was getting drops in rpms and rough idle.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
make sure that hose is good, check for clogs, cracks or breaks, follow its routing. its an important part of the engine. allows the crankcase to breathe/vent properly,
The hose is good and is right there, it just wasn't on the proper place. It just came back from the shop and I was getting drops in rpms and rough idle, so I checked the engine and saw that this little hose was not connected.

I had no idea what this hose was, but it was obvious it should be connected right there

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts