Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this sunday i was going out ... an i was driving .. umm a week before my 02 tb was making a noise people thought it was the engine but my dad said it could be the water pump because he could smell anti freeze .. but i was like there's no leak ... it sounded like it needed water but it had sum an never over heat .. there was water rusted on the engine well where the pulley is at be hide it .. well what happen driving it would kick a lil to go an than it was driving fine .. so that day same thing was at a red light ,turns green .. i hear a snap i was like what was that .. i was maybe i hit something im driving normal like nothing im turning an i notice i cant turn so i was like what the hell i get out an the belt is rip .. i mange to drive to a auto zone an get there the car was over heating now but autozone was like a min head ..so i get there an i change the belt trying to turn the truck on u hear a bad noise i turn it off .. an i notice i cant turn the pulley like it got stuck ... so what cuase the belt to rip ???i think the pully lock so it just rip ... but was cause it to lock ??? an how is the water pump the cause .,... help ??? so right now i have my tb stranded cant drive cause if i put the belt the puley dont turn ...

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:confused: Are you saying the water pump pulley won't turn? A seized water pump pulley or any other frozen pulley will eat up a belt pretty fast. The pump will need to be changed. If you are very lucky the engine won't have any other permanent damage. Next time listen to your dad.:m2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts