Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my new stereo system for my trailblazer once i get it installed properly: http://dualav.com/mobileaudio/xdma7715.php

I have it installed inside my house as of right now with a 12v Motorcycle Battery & Is hooked up to 2 Liquid cooled 130 Watt Speakers. It puts out NICE BASS! Once i get it hooked up properly i think it will be pretty sweet and a whole lot better than the OEM. What Do You Think About the stereo? :woot: :woot: :woot: :woohoo:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,289 Posts
In my personal experience I've owned two different models from Dual and they both broke on me in some way, the 1st one Vol. control stopped working the only way to turn it up was to use the remote, and the 2nd ate my CD and both units ended up breaking within 6 months I eventually ended up getting a Pioneer. Lucky I got the warranty from Best Buy. Just giving you the heads up..

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In my personal experience I've owned two different models from Dual and they both broke on me in some way, the 1st one Vol. control stopped working the only way to turn it up was to use the remote, and the 2nd ate my CD and both units ended up breaking within 6 months I eventually ended up getting a Pioneer. Lucky I got the warranty from Best Buy. Just giving you the heads up..
I got a 2year extened warranty on the system. I know the price i paid was a little cheap for what i wanted to spend on a system. But hey when things get better or this one breaks down i will look into getting a better system. You said you have Pioneer; What kind of their stereos would you reccomend? But hey i wanted to get rid of the OEM because the volume want loud enough for me and the main reason is because i had a whole bunch of my friends with me in my TB and i went to eject my cd and guess what.....? all i heard was clicking....... yep it wasnt going to come out. so i get a check cd message.... OK.... check CD... yea HOW? lol. so i got it out with a flat head at home with the releace tab just to the left of the player and it popped right out. tried another cd. nope same problem. it was funny because when it happend one of my people said.... well that crappy GM equipment. and all i did was laugh. Thanks for listening. :D

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,289 Posts
Sorry I use to have a Pioneer that's was in my old car I sold it with the stereo. In my TB I have an Alpine IVA-W505 its a double din with a 7" monitor and I absolutely love it, b4 I put this one in I had a different Alpine IDA-X100 and that was a great stereo as well. I have pics in my gallery.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I use to have a Pioneer that's was in my old car I sold it with the stereo. In my TB I have an Alpine IVA-W505 its a double din with a 7" monitor and I absolutely love it, b4 I put this one in I had a different Alpine IDA-X100 and that was a great stereo as well. I have pics in my gallery.
Sounds Sweet! Thanks For The Advice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
538 Posts
same thing happened to me plus lots of bass messes with the vol. knob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.