Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I just installed 2 pairs of Pioneer 4-way 6.5" speakers friday, now I want to add my Pioneer 7700 headunit I know I need the dashkit to make it fit in our radio opening but, besides the harness what do I need to make it work with our TB, I know bout the module to keep the door alarms and such, but what would I need to keep my factory dvd player to keep playing thru the speakers, best buy told me there is nothing I an do, and then for the door module they sell it for 100+ bucks yet I seen one at walmart for like 35 bucks, so again what else do I need to make my head unit work, especially my dvd sound.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
You shouldn't need anything other then what you have listed. As far as the DVD audio input it should be fine if the existing output from the receiver is a standard stereo output headphone jack. I believe the 7700 has this as an external input. If it doesn't you may need to find out what kind it does have. If you have to you can cut the end off of the out put cable and wire on whatever you need for an input. It pretty simple, the center lead is the positive and the braided outer core is the negative. If you have any more problems just send me a PM. If i don't know the answer I can probably find out for you or will flat out tell you "I DONT KNOW".

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, yeah Its annoying me since I know those speakers can sound so much better with an aftermaket head unit, and also since it has 3 rca outputs im going to hoom up my 2 pioneer amps and pioneer sub to it, so cant use the factory head unit for that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts