Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was just wondering if some one can give me a list of what I would need to make my TB 4-wheel drive? i know it would be cheaper to just buy a new TB but i like mine to much lol.so just a small list would be great

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what I have heard i just looking for the main things. like what kind of transfer, part number for a drive shaft, the front diff, and cv shafts for right now. if anyone know what else and of can go into detail about what i just said please let me know

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Been discussed before, and the consensus was that it's a fantasy project that nobody would reasonably ever succeed at without a cheap, wrecked, donor 4X4 vehicle, and a GM Tech tool.

You need a transfer case with encoder motor, front AND rear drive shafts, front differential, passenger side splined disconnect and actuator, CV shafts. Electronically is even more difficult, because it all needs harnessing up to the transfer case control module and control switch and power and the serial data bus, THEN the PCM needs to be programmed to know it's been changed to a 4X4, as far as I can guess. I strongly suspect GM engineers never anticipated a field upgrade to 4X4, so the programming support may not be in the PCM.

Since nobody's ever done it, the first person would be the pathfinder, and you wouldn't know it was possible for sure until you were done. If you like your vehicle so much to not want to trade it for a 4X4, you also might not want to put it at risk (or scratch it up) the way you could if it was a 4X4.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since nobody's ever done it, the first person would be the pathfinder, and you wouldn't know it was possible for sure until you were done. If you like your vehicle so much to not want to trade it for a 4X4, you also might not want to put it at risk (or scratch it up) the way you could if it was a 4X4.

you ever seen my pics posted? scratch's just give it its own personalty. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts