Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a summer driver 02 Bravada. To make it RWD, I was told to take out the ATC and 4WD fuses. What does each of them do?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,234 Posts
Since the Bravada is an AWD vehicle, it does not have a 4WD fuse. In a full 4x4 vehicle (Trailblazer or Envoy) that fuse powers the front disconnect actuator. The ATC fuse powers the TCCM (Transfer Case Control Module) and encoder motor brake.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since the Bravada is an AWD vehicle, it does not have a 4WD fuse. In a full 4x4 vehicle (Trailblazer or Envoy) that fuse powers the front disconnect actuator. The ATC fuse powers the TCCM (Transfer Case Control Module) and encoder motor brake.
Would pulling out the ATC fuse have the same effect as disconnecting the encoder motor?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,234 Posts
With the ATC fuse out, the TCCM will be dead and not front drive will be engaged. Just be aware that the some of the internals of the transfer case will still be moving as you drive, so it might be advisable to make sure its fluid is at correct level and clean.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Bravada has both ATC and AWD fuses. I took both of them out and strangely the "Service AWD" didn't even come on. ¯\(ツ)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts