Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
33 Posts
^^Sounds like Mr. Murphy gave you a pretty good demonstration of his Law. Glad you finally got it done, stuff I work on routinely fights me to a ridiculous degree so I understand.

PB Blaster is really good penetrant. A friend put me onto it back in the early '90s and after seeing how well it worked I just don't bother buying anything else. Probably don't want to know what's in it. It does stain some materials...but it has sure reduced my "blue wrench use."

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
160 Posts
Yesterday i did a full fluid change on my 150k mile trans in the voy. By fluid color it had never been touched. Im not doing a filter change im just gonna leave it be. It shifts so much smoother. And this morning i finally figured out my noise i had while driving since i had done the brakes a month ago. It was the brake hardware just barely touching rotor i could see a clean spot on edge of rotor. Also the backing plate was touching so i cut most of it away because it was rusty and falling apart anyways. So now its kinda open back there but o well least theres no noises now thanks goodness. Its was driving me nuts. It was the drivers rear wheel making the noise. I had noise even when turning right so i thought it was front but found it was the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
I had the transmission serviced on my 2006 Envoy, purchased from my parents who owned it since new. Dropped the pan and new filter. Tranny shop owner came in after 10 minutes of putting the Envoy on the lift and said, 'Your car is brand new! There's absolutely no dirt or typical rust anywhere on the undercarriage!!' Only 26.7K miles on it. It is a sweet truck.
Fluid had never been changed, so I had it done for piece of mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Only 26.7K miles on it! :thumbsup:
You've got a nice truck! I hope it serves you well!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, this wasn't on my '04 TB. This was on the wife's '06 TB. The right side rear window defogger tab came off. I removed it from the vehicle and it was apparent that someone else had worked on it previously. The tab was broken across the connecting shaft and someone had (poorly) soldered it back together. The real problem with that repair is that I had intended to re-solder it back onto the window.

When I tried to apply some solder to the back of the tab, it separated into two pieces! :(
I found the same style of tab online, but $8-10 seemed to be the price range! For a small piece of metal that probably cost 5c to make! Off to the automotive recycling facility (U-Pull-It)! I paid the $2 yard entrance fee and pulled 6 tabs. The front counter didn't charge me for the tabs. :)
Came home, put some solder on the the back of the tab, and soldered the tab back in place. Hopefully it will work and stick. We'll find out when the frost comes!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Last weekend I took 18 bags of mulched leaves to the landfill. Tomorrow I'm taking 10 bags of mulched leaves and a bunch of tree limbs and bushes.
The hackberry trees along both sides of the house are pretty well done shedding their leaves. The big ol' oak tree in the front yard is just getting started, though. It usually keeps about 25% of its leaves through the winter.
The trailer is made from a 1968 Ford F100. I bought it as a project truck, but then found a better truck. The '68 had parts from 4 different model years on it, so I named it Frankie, short for Frankentruck. The trailer still bears the name. It has definitely earned its keep over the years!
001.JPG

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
160 Posts
Last night I replaced my battery in my 06 denali. Wouldnt start so i was driving our 05 sienna to work last few days. But last night i did battery and worked like a charm. Was really hoping it wasnt the starter again which i did last year. Next up is front end work. Not looking forward to that. Ball joints and some other things too. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts