Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the GMT 360 was to be revived in the future, what changes would you like to see? I would like to see a lower floor height, hidden spare tire, 5 or 6 speed tranny and power lift gate. (Oops, I just described a Cadillac SRX; however, that vehicle is also being discontinued.) I would retain the relatively narrown dimensions of the 360, which makes it a more garage-friendly vehicle than the current crossover crop.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
slightly wider, bigger stock tires, more factory suspension options... better roof rack, differnt front drivetrain set up, differnt upper balljoint, side open rear gate with gass that retracts into the gate or top bottom split, move the second row back for leg room and desiel option!

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Definetly change the 4L70e trannies that come on the LS2 TBSS'.. constantly seein them things blow up!!

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
86 Posts
more headroom, remote start, nicer wheels, definately a 6 speed, electric fans, and more little BS novelty items on the Denali, like the fullsize gets.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
Better Mileage! :rotfl:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
33 Posts
More headroom,greasable front end ,tie rods,ball joints etc, and get rid of wind noise.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Definatley a 6 speed! Also would be great if they came with a steering column shift! So many of us hate not having the tranny hump storage or the ability to put in a after market console.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
468 Posts
For the TBSS:
Upgrade 4L70e transmission
LS9 Option
6 Speed
Rid of wind noise
Slightly wider tires
Better mileage!

For Reg. GMT360:
Rid of wind noise
Hidden spare tire
Hidden resonator
Little better interior quality, not so much plastic
5 or 6 speed
Better mileage!

yup.. that pretty much sums it up.

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
84 Posts
-V8 engine standard
-L99 6.2 litre with 6 speed trans which would meet your power and fuel mileage needs(6.2 VVT & AFM)
-efans
-smoother body(for better CD)

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
84 Posts
???

Isn't the TB one of the best in its class for this??
This feature would a great for the TB. It is a button on the end of the column shifter which you select for towing and allows the tranmission to delay shifting and all kinds of wonderful things. The feature has been on the silverado since 1999.

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: with all of the above......maybe even an RS option....kind of an SS in disguise, 6 speed and all!!!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
i'd like to see better storage up front. aside from the center console there's no little pockets or anywhere to put your stuff. Also, I have tons of headroom in mine, but the folks who have sunroofs, the sunroof seems to drop the headliner an inordinate amount. I had a sunroof in my old car and it changed the roofline by like an inch, the sunroof in the TV seems to drop the headliner several inches.

Here's a big one for you, stop using CRAP goodyears at the factory, how bout the vehicle comes with some real tires on it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
*E-Fans
*6 Speed Trans
*Shift lever on the column
*Better controls for the power seat
*Seats that are completely flat when folded down
*An option to have it two inches lower to facilitate towing (lower center of gravity)
*Tow/Haul mode
*Overhauled/redesigned electronics for the 4WD
*LT tires, or at least a wheel size that you can put LTs on (So-called "SUV" tires suck for towing. You might as well have "P" rated tires.)
*Cargo doors, or a "dutch" door like the old Astor/Safari. Sorry, but hatches and half windows are for mini-vans.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,031 Posts
For the most part I am happy, would just like a better front suspension/drivetrain design for a bigger better lift.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
*Shift lever on the column

*Seats that are completely flat when folded down
Gotta disagree with the shift lever thing. I can't stand having the shifter on the column. Feels like I'm driving my grandmother's car

Definitely agree with the seats though. Who's remedial thought process thought it was ok for the seats to "almost fold down"

·
Registered
967 Posts
Gotta disagree with the shift lever thing. I can't stand having the shifter on the column. Feels like I'm driving my grandmother's car
There was a time when I would have agreed. But we use ours for long trips. The shift on the console looks cool, but sucks up a lot of space that could be used for for storage and other creature comforts. As I get older, I'm all about being more comfortable, and less about what I look like.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts