Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the cat on my 2003 TB. I've seen ones that cost over 1K !! Which should i get ? I have a pic of 1 with all the pipes and other with just cat converter. Any info or advice is appreciated.
Light Automotive lighting Engineering Metal Auto part
Watch Rectangle Body jewelry Jewellery Auto part
Auto part Font Fashion accessory Metal Engineering

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT EXT
511 Posts
All these are under $150 from partsgeek or autoshack
If you are doing the replacement yourself then I would suggest the one with the pipe attached. It will be much easier to install than trying to cut in a generic converter.
The $150 price you mentioned is pretty decent (low)

Good luck with your project

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,229 Posts
I do not now how much longer you want to keep your '03, or if the state you live in has emissions testing, but if you are going to keep the vehicle until it dies and/or you live in an emissions testing state, you might want to look into getting a C.A.R.B. (California Air Resources Board) compliant catalytic converter. Yes they are more expensive, but they will last much longer and be more efficient than other lower cost catalytic converters.

Why? Because C.A.R.B. compliant catalytic converters have more of the precious metals that are used as the catalyst compared to the lower cost catalytic converters.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
696 Posts

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,642 Posts
I installed a Magnaflow "direct fit" converter + pipe assembly in my '03 short-wheelbase LTZ.

It does NOT fit properly, but it can be crammed into place. This converter assembly was ~$180 in 2018, now it's over $500. Maybe they updated the bends in the pipe when they updated the price tag.
Nope --- it's China putting extra fees on rare earth minerals and such --- plus shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts