Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced all 4 of my factory speakers with Alpine S series 2 way speakers 240 watts peak, 80 RMS, 4 ohms. They play good with the JVC head unit at 20RMS X 4. but i know they can play louder without distortion if i get an amp.
I called BestBuy and the GeekSquad rep, suggested i should get the Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-4.
which is a 4 channel amp
50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
if i get this amp, would it be a great buy or i need more powerful amp to get the full clear sound that my speaker really need?
:confused:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
454 Posts
It will probably be rated closer to 70w X 4 rms on the birthsheet, so it would be a good choice imo
if your serious about a 4 channel, id suggest componet speakers as there a much cleaner sound. but yes that amp will work but you can find it cheaper than what best buy is sellinng for im sure

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
1,012 Posts
Isn't the P400-4 discontinued? I can't find it on BB's site either...weird that they would recommend an amp they don't sell.

In any case, I've got a brand newInfinity 475a that's still in the factory plastic - I was going to put it up on eBay this week but I'd rather give a good deal to a Trailvoy member. I would sell it for $125 shipped, which is half of Amazon's price and cheaper than any new ones on eBay...also it's 75Wx4. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
454 Posts
Isn't the P400-4 discontinued? I can't find it on BB's site either...weird that they would recommend an amp they don't sell.

In any case, I've got a brand newInfinity 475a that's still in the factory plastic - I was going to put it up on eBay this week but I'd rather give a good deal to a Trailvoy member. I would sell it for $125 shipped, which is half of Amazon's price and cheaper than any new ones on eBay...also it's 75Wx4. PM me if you're interested.
damn nice price there. its a shame i dont need a 4channel myself lol

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,289 Posts
Don't forget to factor in the Power and ground wire, inline fuse, patch cables, and speaker wire.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well thanks to everyone for their time to answer my questions. I will look at my options and the quality of the amp and my budget and choose the right amplifier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts