Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i'm planning on going for a day trip to wharton on the 16th, so anybody who is interested is can come, i believe dan (dizzle) and mario (gordinho) will be coming... if your lifted with tires you should ave no problems what so ever, and even if you do thats what tow straps are for... i know there are a bunch of lifted guys in the lancaster area, but its open to anyone that would like to see how their tb performs offroad, and is willing to try obsticles

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
I am in....16th sounds good....I need good directions so I can see how long it'll take me to get there, so I can gage my leaving time, etc....

Man, and I just got my truck really clean!! :hahano:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whatever you thought was dirty... will be redefined. and the trailhead is mile marker 4 on rt 206...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
Just the back lifted

Do you think id be ok with just the back lifted and goodyear wrangler s/t tires. I started with the back now i have to wait to be able to use the lift at my buddys station and dont know when that'll be.

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
Count me in. . .

I will have my tires by then. . .

Would there be a better time to break them in ?

I think not.

:tiphat

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
Do you think id be ok with just the back lifted and goodyear wrangler s/t tires. I started with the back now i have to wait to be able to use the lift at my buddys station and dont know when that'll be.
I don't know what lift you have but I put in my suspensionmaxx one side at a time. Just put one side on a jackstand and go to town. When that is back together. . .switch sides.

I don't know how far you are from Phila but if you're down my way, I will help you do the job in my driveway. Can't do alignments though.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds good, its better to be lifted tho... cause the back sits higher stock, so the front is really the problem. front lift gets you out of the mud, gets you higher up when going through water, and everything else... it's reallyy not that hard to do if you have a jack, some jackstands, and fairly basic tools, plus the spring compressor from autozone

also on this trip we will be planning and mapping out part of a possible summer offroad weekend trip, obviosly we will not be doing the whole thing, but we will be covering alot of ground... thats another reason why a lift is essential

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ahh Man! I'll be swinging the wrenches that weekend in southwest virginia. Find all the good mud holes so I can run thru them next time. Have fun.:tiphat

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i know most of the good mudd holes... last time i went i went threw one in one direction (the way yours supposed to) in 2wd (slung some mud of course) and made it through... then went through in the other direction in 4x4 and had no chance, theres a photo of me stuck in mario (gordinho's) thread offroading in the pines...

but as i said this is just a planning trip, i'm doing this one and will be doing somemore later in the month and next month to set up for a summer weekend trip for whoever can make it

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the more the merrier as long as you'll follow through everything... we don't want to have to leave people behind on the trail

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the trail head is on the opposite side of the road as the mile 4 marker when headed south

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
We are talking the hamilton area right ? Please forgive me. . i'm from Pa. I have been in the hamilton area a few times. I have also been all the way up rt 206 past Belle Mead as far north as I78. Long road.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah its hammonton i believe, its 4 miles from the start of 206, so its gonna be south of you, you'll either take ac epressway then head north to 206 on 54 or take 30 to 206

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
Thanks. I'd come over the Commodore barry, 322, 536 then get on the AC expy at #38. I'm south of phila.

I drive the big rigs. I've delivered to every GM dealership in the entire state of Nj with one logistics company I drove for. 2 dealerships were in hammonton on Egg harbor rd by where 206 comes off of 54 but I don't know mile markers.

Just want you to know I wasn't busting your stones. Just making sure I was in the right area.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no problem, its all good! whats your ride look like, i don't remember seeing a photo of it yet?

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
no problem, its all good! whats your ride look like, i don't remember seeing a photo of it yet?
Little over 34 inches to the bottom of the fender up front. 36 to the fender rear on bald tires. Other than that, looks like most TBs on the site.

Check out my gallery. Just custom painted my bowtie and grille.

And yes, even with a lift on my tb, my stock jeep wrangler unlimited has better ground clearance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
this should be motivation to get some new shoes to replace those worn stockers... maybe some nice a/t's...

1 - 20 of 231 Posts