Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2 question !!
1. the carpet on the passenger side is soak and green it looki like water but no clue has where it came from no smell not greasy

2 . i have to change my brake (pad and rotor ) is there an how to availble

Thanks for any help!

by the way it is a envoy 2005 vx 2wd 4,2l

·
Registered
2003 olds bravada
351 Posts
looks like your heater core may be leaking..wet carpet on passenger side are tell tale signs of a bad core..good luck with repairs on that one

and there may be a how-to on doing the brakes (just use the search button)..though they are pretty self explaintory

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
If it's coolant, the heater core is buried so deeply I believe you have to remove the entire dash to get at it. This member is replacing his AC evaporator core, and isn't done with the pictures yet:

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=58441

You need to taste it carefully. If it's just mildew and moldy water, you have a simple clogged AC drain hose. Poke at and wiggle the hose in this picture, and pray that this is it.

If not, here is a view of the HVAC assembly in the dash structure:

And here is an exploded view of the HVAC assembly. The heater core is item #19:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
628 Posts
dexcool isn't green.... check to see what color your coolant is before confirming the heater core leak

if it is orange/red like dexcool than you know the greenish fluid/water on your carpet isn't coolant

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
89 Posts
I am having the same problem today!! I normally don't have my A/C on when it is just me in the car... but today had some people in the car and the passenger was wearing sandals and said her feet was getting wet... So I pulled over and checked... It seemed to be water but wasn't a lot... After I dropped them off I drove with the windows down with A/C off... Noticed no dripping/wetness. I hope Roadie is right and going to do a taste test tomorrow during daylight! ***crossing fingers*** (I have done a heater core replacement myself on my old 94 Grand AM) FUN!! :rolleyes: :no:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
water

Well it is water but i dont know if the drain hose was block but when i touch it a lot of water was comming out and air from the blower just to be on the sure side i have insert a wire in it !

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
some update i took out the trimming to look under it and found a piece of ruber tubing jointing the windshire washer tubing no colar or else it was leeking the tub had bean clean cut by plier probaly the last time the tech check my rear power window i took off the ruber sh*t and put a brass coopling i used for pneumatic tubing!! now i really hate the dealer no way i can prove it was there mistake! and now i have a green carpet on this side

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.