Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
371 Posts
:grouphug:

I'm sure you could convince a few of us :p I hear Roadie and JamesDub might be planning for some fun in a few weeks. Maybe we could overrun the area with TrailVoys :D

·
Banned
371 Posts
Moab would be great, Roadie was even nice enough to do some recon for us:tiphat The grand canyon would be another scenic area to check out! Plenty of wheelin around there.

What kind of timeframe are you guys thinking? Is labor day too soon, or Thanksgiving (might be a little cold for camping by then).

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would be an amazing location. We could have lots of fun there! I was thinking the middle/end of August, or first of September. I originally posted because Iw anted to see if there was any interest.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
728 Posts
ooo i thought id throw this out there to anyone whos intrested... i know some people got lost during MORA, well to avoid this i am selling my BRAND NEW DeLorme Earthmate PN-40 with full US topo maps and much much more, i bought this for $424.26 brand enw two months back, its only been on one 4x4 off road trip to ocala and some small trips with me locally and on one kayaking trip... still has plastic film on the front .. i was selling it for $400 shipped but to a TV member ill sell it for $350 shipped... it will save you from getting lost =, still in box.... heres the website link
http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtdItemDetail.jsp?item=29385&section=10461

just keep in mind its a big world... have fun guys ...

PM me if intrested

·
Banned
371 Posts
You California boys are just soft. I think it's more comfortable to camp in the cold than the hot. But I guess its all relative; 30 degrees is still comfortable for me!
:raspberry 80's too warm, 50's to cold. And to think, I have to drag myself to a 'team builder' at the beach tomorrow, tough life. :cool:

September time frame could work. Assuming this will be a camping excursion, we could define some way points for those interested in meeting up for day trips.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
269 Posts
So anyone figure out a good place, date, for this event? School starts last week of August, so unless we are thinking a weekend trip, it'll be a bit difficult. But I wanna meet some of you guys on the west, Roadie, Teebees, I gotta see what you've done to the TV platform! And wanna get some wheeling techniques from the TV pro's. :hail:
MOAB, GC, both sound great, any other suggestions???

·
Banned
371 Posts
I'm pretty flexible as far as destination and dates. I've been looking at some really fun trails near Telluride, Co, as well:drool (traildamage.com). That kind of trip I'd probably be looking at a good 7-10 days though.

How many other folks are interested? Plenty of trails up north in California too! Western Sierra's?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
87 Posts
I might even be tempted to go depending on the date. August 15th is out of the question though. I have a cruise & show I'm attending with my car in Anaheim.

I haven't been on here much lately but need to take the TB out so it doesn't feel neglected.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Me , Teebes and Roadie met this weekend near Shaver lake CA for some camping and wheelin . Can't wait to do it again and meet a few more west coasters . I'll be watching this thread to make sure I'm in .

·
Banned
371 Posts
Labor day weekend: Big Bear. Need I say more?

Here are the trails I'm currently interested in checking out: Radford truck trail, Holcomb Jeep Trail, Jacoby Canyon. Some of these are easy, most are moderate with some tricky stuff.

I'm also still interested in checking out Pismo before desert season is in full swing (especially now that my dirt bike is running again). Anyone want to throw some dates out there, maybe end of Sept?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
165 Posts
Labor day weekend: Big Bear. Need I say more?

Here are the trails I'm currently interested in checking out: Radford truck trail, Holcomb Jeep Trail, Jacoby Canyon. Some of these are easy, most are moderate with some tricky stuff.

I'm also still interested in checking out Pismo before desert season is in full swing (especially now that my dirt bike is running again). Anyone want to throw some dates out there, maybe end of Sept?
hmmm:undecided i have wanted to go to Pismo for a long time! Im afraid i wont really be able to go much farther than big bear realistically unfortunately.:(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.