Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an intermittent abs / TC light problem on my dash indicator but using an abs capable sensor does not register any trouble codes .
The sensor , documentation states that that year tb did not have a lot of data stream available for use in the analysis of problems. I can't get live data from the abs sensors . Does anyone know if the codes were not available because of cost cutting at GM around that time because they were going bankrupt?

This would make diagnosis much more difficult .
I have both abs and traction control lights flashing on and off but no error codes?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
281 Posts
What engine have you in that 2008?

I believe 2008 was the first use of the CANBUS in the GMT360 and even then only the PCM and TCM were on the CAN and the rest was on the single-wire Class 2 serial data bus.

This might complicate reading live data?? Would maybe need to know what bus the EBCM is on as I believe that is where the ABS codes and live data would be.

Additionally, even with an ABS capable scanner it's still not clear what code status' the scanner is requesting. At least on my 2002 there are 8 different levels of code status. Even the tech 2 does not request and display all 8. I can do it manually though, entering the requests with a serial terminal app.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts