Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I intern for a civil engineering firm in the summers, and work very low hours part time for a company at school, so this is not my only job, but when I am home from school on breaks I work at costco. $11 an hour time and a half on sundays and 40+ a week the job helped me make ends meet and kept the amount of student loans I took out down. Yesterday they layed me off, everyone else who just works when they are home from breaks and all the seasonal people they hired.

My question. Why without warning would you lay off people who have been around for 3+ years the day before christmas eve? I understand they don't have to give you a heads up but I had done a lot for them, trained most of the people who still have a job.

Anyways, I guess I get to relax and enjoy my break at home with my family now. I wish they would have told me before I went and did all sorts of christmas shopping on my way to work yesterday.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep the economy should have hit rock bottom and head back up by dec. 09 so i should be able to get a job with the company I have interned with the past 4 years.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
162 Posts
My store closed

I am officially "formerly" of Linens n Things. It was a good store, but a crappy company. We made it our own, but it was still strange to see it completely empty. All remaining stores closed December 27/28, and I guess it was a good sign that my store, the one in which I was in charge, was one of the last ten open in the entire company. Oh, well. It will give me time to catch up on so many of the little and the not so little projects on the Trailblazer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts