Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed the oil last week.
Today I raised the hood, oil all over the right side of the compartment.
I forgot to replace the cap.
I always set it on the air filter box, it must have been there when I closed the hood, now it's gone. I got a new one, at local auto supply, and replaced. Then degreased and washed under the hood.
Didn't lose much oil, maybe 1/2 ltr.

Getting old and stupid :hopeless

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
it's ok, we all do stupid things from time to time....

makes we wonder tho :undecided read your own sig much?

·
Registered
20 Posts
did the same

i did the same thing in my first car and went 4 weeks. i found the oil cap in the back wedged between the fire wall and the exhaust pipe......

what luck! i thought till i grabed the cap after the car had been running and oh by the way the cap was metal. BURN!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stupid is takin' your Trailvoy to Quickie Change

Once when I was doin' an oil change, I poured about a quart of fresh oil in before I realized I hadn't put the Drain plug back in. On second thought. I was just trying to get all the old oil out. Yea that's the ticket.:duh:

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's ok, we all do stupid things from time to time....

makes we wonder tho :undecided read your own sig much?
:laugh::laugh: man you got me there.

Better change that damn sig :crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
352 Posts
I always put the oil cap on the hood latch, so I can't really forget... but yea, try to remember next time, and don't tell us if you make that kind of mistake. lol jk :eek:

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I always put the oil cap on the hood latch, so I can't really forget... but yea, try to remember next time, and don't tell us if you make that kind of mistake. lol jk :eek:
+1 I do the exact same thing. I also place the drain plug on top of one of the new jugs of oil after it comes off. I know its a bit OCD but it works. :)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
I was changing the oil on my LHS and left the keys under the hood, on the washer fluid tank. I closed the hood and couldn't find the keys anywhere! :duh:

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Well Ray, it could only happen in Eastern Canada. We are much smarter than that here in the Western Hemisphere. :rolleyes:

It must be age ....... Last week I was in such a hurry to take the truck thru the touchless car wash I slammed the gas nozzle back down and jumped in the truck and zoomed ahead of the guy next to me before he could get in line. Mr. Smatazz (me) was first in line and and zoom I was thru before you knew it! Then I looked over at the pump and saw my gas cap, and then my fuel door wide open. :duh::bonk::suicide: Not sure how much water got in but hopefully the seafoam will get it out. I'll have to ask The Roadie if it gets any worse :excited:

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
:laugh::laugh: man you got me there.

Better change that damn sig :crackup::crackup:
i just thought it was ironic.....

especially since we all do really stupid things at times.

i had my keys in the ignition the other day....looked for them for an hour before i found them......worst part was, the truck was playing music.....:duh::duh:

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts

i had my keys in the ignition the other day....looked for them for an hour before i found them......worst part was, the truck was playing music.....:duh::duh:
:crackup::crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts

wow :ugh: thats bad...im blonde nd ADD nd woudnt do that :raspberry

mario, im surprised yu didnt slap any noob stamps :rolleyes:

·
Registered
gmc envoy_slt_xl
138 Posts
one upper oil change story

I have a one upper on a oil change story. not me. my older cousin who is farmer and is 60yrs old was changing his oil in his 91 chevy suburban with a chevy 350 in it. anyways, he drained the oil out of it, and went to do something else. came back, shut the hood, and drove off without puting oil back in it. got a 1/4 mile down the road and engine locked up. came back next day, took spark plugs out, put wd 40 down each hole, put oil back in it, started back up, and has put another 50,000 miles on the engine. i think he has almost 300,000 on the engine.

·
Registered
89 Posts
at least you re-checked it. most people never look under the hood of the car/truck etc. imagine if you would have burned all that oil up due to it spilling out. :bonk::duh::weird:

·
Registered
137 Posts
If water gets in the fuel tank it will settle to the lowest point in the tank. With the tank in motion the bubble of water will roll around in the tank. It could get pumped into the fuel line and go to the injector rail. If there isn't much the water may just cause a miss. If there is a lot of it the engine will stall. Then the system will have to be purged of all the water. It costs big bucks to fix it. Water in gas station tanks make the news. Etanhol fuel will absorb moisture and water so it can prevent some water in the gas. Gasoline anti-freeze will also remove water. It is sold in cans. Back in the day before gasohol it was common to add gasoline anti-freeze to the gas tank in winter to prevent gas line freeze-up from water in the gas. Gas line filters will trap a certain amount of water.

http://www.sportpilot.org/magazine/feature/2006 - 06 June - Power On.pdf

http://reallyrobins.wordpress.com/2008/07/16/but-ya-doesnt-hafta-to-call-me-johnson/

1 - 20 of 26 Posts